Windows 10 YouTube freezing on Opera.

cactikid

VIP Member
Old Asus laptop on Wifi and if i go to play a YouTube video it takes ages to load and stop starts and freezes awaiting catchup taking minutes.

Tried chrome and it plays normal and wondering if the ad blockers or other things causing it?

Installed it but think its the same , as still freezing and picture is worse than sd 😂

Yes vpn built in but only used if checking a story outside my legal zone

Old Asus laptop on Wifi and if i go to play a YouTube video it takes ages to load and stop starts and freezes awaiting catchup taking minutes.

Tried chrome and it plays normal and wondering if the ad blockers or other things causing it?
have you tried clearing cache on opera.

Youtube can be problematic on opera i find. One minute it works next minute says adverts blocker is enabled.

have you tried clearing cache on opera.
Cache and cookies cleared about 2 weeks ago , no difference.
Opera on Desktop plays normal.

Funny thing i thought it might have been hdd giving up but Chrome works perfect on laptop and fantastic picture . Opera still gives me viewing issues .

Maybe i need to remove opera and reinstall it ?

Funny thing i thought it might have been hdd giving up but Chrome works perfect on laptop and fantastic picture . Opera still gives me viewing issues .

Go into opera settings top left. Update and recovery - check for updates

Is this the laptop you were going to fit ssd in if so did you get it done ?

Youtube can be problematic on opera i find. One minute it works next minute says adverts blocker is enabled.
That was about a month ago YouTube were playing silly buggers with pop ups about Adblock. Think they backed down over it as adblock is still on and no warnings.
Adbock is on my desktop.

I keep getting notifications about Opera Notifications and only done it a few days ago.
Yes same laptop but not got it done yet ,
House issues with roof tiles and gas boiler starting to leak lol.

That was about a month ago YouTube were playing silly buggers with pop ups about Adblock. Think they backed down over it as adblock is still on and no warnings.
Adbock is on my desktop.

I keep getting notifications about Opera Notifications and only done it a few days ago.
Yes same laptop but not got it done yet ,
House issues with roof tiles and gas boiler starting to leak lol.
popup about wanting you to buy youtube premium I still get them using firefox and adblockplus but now i just use vpn connected to Albania as advised by a member here so now no adds or popups.

I dont bother about that pop up to go to premium as =no thanks.

Only notification i see and do is when Opera tells me and install it and restart browser.

Up on Desktop watching youtube and starting the video its a blurred screen then it changes and sharp.
Commenting on a video is like playing catchup awaiting for words to appear.

Kicked in the nuts as cant play a video on youTube as it froze on desktop and reported to Google and Opera.
Microsoft Edge plays videos with no issues.

Back