Zegemma 2s crashing

the problem has been on going since buying the box a couple of months back

So it's nothing you've done then. As has been said, the best idea would be to reflash it with one of the backup images on here, but you need to back up your line details first. Check out kiddac's Bare Bones thread and read right through the guide. That will give you a working understanding of how it all works.

the problem has been on going since buying the box a couple of months back

So it's nothing you've done then. As has been said, the best idea would be to reflash it with one of the backup images on here, but you need to back up your line details first. Check out kiddac's Bare Bones thread and read right through the guide. That will give you a working understanding of how it all works.

No nothing I done I am sure of it, thanks for the pointer, I will go find it now.
G

I haven't read your crash logs, but by reading what every one else has put, you have no external usb or Hdd setup correctly. Therefore your box is probably trying to write all the timeshift/epg etc to your boxes internal memory. Your box is probably crashing when your memory hits zero. If you put back in the original USB, your box should be stable again as I presume this was initialised and setup correctly.

I don't think you need to reflash, you just need to setup your hard drive correctly and then make sure all your save settings are pointing to the correct location. Timeshift/recordings/epg.

I have just finished re-writing my guide, there is useful information in there regarding setting up a usb/hddd. I think you will also have to initialise your hdd, and then convert it to ext4 format.

http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-2s/84949-bare-bones-openatv-new-setup-guide.html

---------- Post Merged at 07:21 PM ----------

just looked through your crash report. It's definitely struggling with your harddrive.
Timeshift is failing.
Recording is failing.
And your recorded files cannot be found.

Thanks for the detailed reply, I did have the problem prior to instating my hdd I have now installed cache flush so I will try it with the original usb stick to see what happens
Thanks
G

make sure cacheflush is enabled

go into plugins and click cacheflush.

cahceflush.jpg

and what settings do you have in timeshift settings. (mine is disabled. I just turn it on when I am watching something I might rewind)

Capture.jpg

I have the same settings as you for cache flush and I'm sure time shift is disabled, I did try setting it up but it wouldn't it came up with an error at the time
Thanks
G

I've gone to plug ins but can't find swap manager, can someone point me to the path to it in the plug in list please.
Thanks
G

Menu, setup, vix swap manager, create swapfile 256mb green to activate then yellow autostart once done reboot not gui

Many thanks, is that all I need to do then or do I need to point thing to use the partition?
Thanks
G

If you look in the download sections at the top of the page. There is many premade backup images by sucmnsee and mtpockets etc. Each one of these has full instructions on setting up your usb/hdd. Have a read through the instructions. It will help you

Back