Zgemma 2s flashing issue

djwazz

I have flashed zgemma boxes many times.
Having bother with my grandfather's zgemma 2s, It has an old version of VIX installed but unable to update plugins etc so I have loaded a new image on my 8gb usb stick, I tried my usual plug in the back usb port this does not flash still boots up like normal tried 3 different usb sticks formatted to fat32 still no joy. I know that before I held in the power button on the front of the box to turn to flash still no joy.
Can anybody help?
Cheers

Have you checked the files and right image try ipab or wooshbuilds version 7 or open atv or make sure there is a file that says force and not no force

are you holding or pressing the power button

or
just open the usb on your computer, change the non_forced file to forced and it should out do it for yea

or
can you flash locally on the box?
i know on atv in system setting you can pick firmware that is on a local drive and flash it and it will do all for yea

Have you checked the files and right image try ipab or wooshbuilds version 7 or open atv or make sure there is a file that says force and not no force

I have downloaded latest version of ipab and transferred the folder that says zgemma onto the usb stick as described in user manual plugged in back of box then turn on still just boots up totally confusing

are you holding or pressing the power button

or
just open the usb on your computer, change the non_forced file to forced and it should out do it for yea

or
can you flash locally on the box?
i know on atv in system setting you can pick firmware that is on a local drive and flash it and it will do all for yea

I hold the power button in on the box.

I have checked in the files that are saved in zgemma folder they are as follows,

Main folder is called zgemma
Sub folders are h3, h5, i55, lc, sh1
All folders have force file inside

I have just dragged the full zgemma folder onto the my usb plugged in back of box pushed main switch on at back and still boots up

I have downloaded latest version of ipab and transferred the folder that says zgemma onto the usb stick as described in user manual plugged in back of box then turn on still just boots up totally confusing
Is there a file that says no force if so change it to force or try a basic image like open atv 6.1 I think may be wrong

so its like this yea

Screen Shot 2017-12-31 at 17.20.48.png

and i take it you have flashed other boxes with this usb yea?

as said above might need a kick try a stock openatv or the likes, then flash what you want after that

so its like this yea

View attachment 29981

and i take it you have flashed other boxes with this usb yea?

as said above might need a kick try a stock openatv or the likes, then flash what you want after that

Yes mate that's the files I have got.

How do I go about doing what you have mentioned?

I can connect via filezilla etc if this can be send over via this instead?

Cheers

Download openatv put that onto usb try reflashing with that it mightbjust need a basic stock image first then try with ipab is it the same usb as youve used with other boxes zgemmas can be temperamental to usbs

Download openatv put that onto usb try reflashing with that it mightbjust need a basic stock image first then try with ipab is it the same usb as youve used with other boxes zgemmas can be temperamental to usbs

Do you know Where I find this image for stock openatv version?
Will I not get a similar problem if the box just shows boot instead of usb/flash on front panel

try the zgemma site. if you google, the uk site should be first up
then firmware

some time they get stuck
is it not worth a go even no

try the zgemma site. if you google, the uk site should be first up
then firmware

some time they get stuck
is it not worth a go even no

Cheers mate I have downloaded the openatv file, take It I just load it the same way onto usb and plug etc?

Cheers lads it' flashing now using openatv hopefully once this is on i can change to ipab
Once flashed try the ipab image some images can be a bit tricky when it comes to flashing your not the first to have the problem and defiantly wont be last lol

Back