zgemma 2s running mtpockets but NETWORK ADAPTER DEFAULTING TO "NO" IN IT'S SETTINGS

Lamzey

Hi guys, can anyone please help. each day I get up or after turning my box off and back on again, I always have to go in to the network adapter and switch it on so to get the internet back on. why does it not stay on as set. zgemma 2s is running mtpockets openatv image.

How are you connected to the network? Powerline / Ethernet or WiFi??

Do you completely power off the unit or just put in standby?

Last edited:
How are you connected to the network? Powerline / Ethernet or WiFi??

Do you completely power off the unit or just put in standby?

Yes I do power off all the way down mate. and I'm connected to the network with an Ethernet cable. this never happened before.
only thing is I have a usb connected to the front usb port and hasn't changed to ex4 from ex3 (whether this is any help)
but other than that I used to power off and on and it will connect to the network.
right now, though user interface on netrwork adapter stays (no) after booting on.

You could try just using deep standby (uses virtually no power) and see if that makes a difference. The box isn't really supposed to be completely switched off daily just for a prolonged period of time. Which backup version are you on (zip file date)? I'm running the latest (2015-06-23) and haven't encountered it.

Things you could check /do:
Is it possibly router settings - do you have dhcp enabled on your router(it should be!)?
Have you reset your router lately? (perhaps it isn't re-using IP addresses and has run out of allocatable addresses if not re-using the IP's and grabbing a fresh one each time you power your box)
Try a network test from MENU, setup, system, network, device setup?
Do you have two zgemmas by any chance and both running my backup? (They will share the same mac address - could this potentially make the software disable the port I don't know??)
Re-run the network wizard... you never know!

Sorry I'm really just clutching at straws as I've never come across this but all may be worth a go or get you closer to a solution. Please let me know if you get to the bottom of this....

You could try just using deep standby (uses virtually no power) and see if that makes a difference. The box isn't really supposed to be completely switched off daily just for a prolonged period of time. Which backup version are you on (zip file date)? I'm running the latest (2015-06-23) and haven't encountered it.

Things you could check /do:
Is it possibly router settings - do you have dhcp enabled on your router(it should be!)?
Have you reset your router lately? (perhaps it isn't re-using IP addresses and has run out of allocatable addresses if not re-using the IP's and grabbing a fresh one each time you power your box)
Try a network test from MENU, setup, system, network, device setup?
Do you have two zgemmas by any chance and both running my backup? (They will share the same mac address - could this potentially make the software disable the port I don't know??)
Re-run the network wizard... you never know!

Sorry I'm really just clutching at straws as I've never come across this but all may be worth a go or get you closer to a solution. Please let me know if you get to the bottom of this....

Think will try use this latest backup if can find it :-). but yeah a awkward one I guess. if not sorted will have to leave it on deep standby. it's not for me but the WENCH :-) turns overything off , unless she gona get telt lol. massive thanks to u always; ur a star boss. but yeah, basically have to turn on from scratch even then, I must restrt network. got one box too. and router is steady too.

Back