Zgemma 2s stuck on boot

Woodsy86

Hi guys got a zgemma 2s and tried to flash it but just said boot every time. At this point it would boot up, I then reset factory settings to get the wizard and then turned box office to flash again but this time it's just stuck on boot. Tried to flash it loads of times after with no joy. It don't seem to read the USB! I've hdd guru and fat32 like is supposed to be done but no joy. Any help appreciated! Just can't seem to get it off boot now!

There is a known problem with what usb sticks work on the zgemma.Kingsion,Sandisk and Toshiba work fine.Also make sure you have the whole zgemma folder on the stick,not the sub folder

Never factory reset them boxes.
You can get the wizard back through the menu
Has it got a red light and boot on the lcd??

I haven't even managed to get that far as to put my line on. But yeah I do have a copy. It did boot up a few times but didn't read the USB but now it's just stuck on boot

---------- Post Merged at 06:34 PM ----------

Problem is I can't seem to get the box to read the USB stick. Done full fat 32 and hdd guru then put the skin on. Still wont read it, I'm using a sandisk blade 8g

What you mean by outting the zgemma folder on the USB. I downloaded the file to laptop then put it on USB stick

Putting the zgemma folder i was supposed to say.
Copying the whole downloaded folder is wrong so thats why it wouldn't flash.
Factory reset has now got it stuck in boot

My post above with link
Follow link download the bootloader
Unzip it
Click on the download inside sholud be a zgemma folder
Copy that to the freshly formated usb
Box of
Usb in rear port
Box on
Usb will appear on front screen press power botton on remote flsh will appear(if not try volume up instead of power button).

Your box will be alive then you can flash a image using the same process.

Right guys I've got the bootloader on the USB which has been formatted exactly own you said. Turn box on reads usb then click the button on the front turns to flash. After 5 maybe 10 secs it goes back to boot and then instantly back to usb. I've tried removing the USB when it's on and off but still stuck on boot. Any ideas?

I had very same problem downloaded bootloader but nothing seemed to be happening. Then I downloaded Open ATV for zgemma. Put it on the USB that box seen the bootloader on. Put same USB with Open ATV image on board then held Volume + button and STANDBY button a same time and switched on the box. It right away went to USB then FLSH and bobs your uncle the RED light turned to GREEN and it booted. Hope this helps all those who had the same problem. It worked for me hope it does likewise for you if you're stuck on boot.

Back