ZGEMMA 2s wont boot after update

nufcash

Hi All,

Would really appreciate some help on this one. I updated the software on my box this morning (although advised by my vendor now that I shouldn't have) and after updating, and the box restarting, it wont boot up now. There is no display on the TV and all I get on the box is 'BOOT'. I have been told it need's re-flashed, and I will need to buy a new line, which is a shame as up until now it has been great. I bought it pre installed in November so it was basically plug and play and it looks like I've overwritten the original software/firmware.

After looking through the forum, I'm not sure this will work but is it possible for me to use a backup from a working image or will I have to flash from new?

If I do need to re-flash can anyone point me in the right direction for a step by step guide?

Cheers all
Ash

if you have updated the software via the box then yes you've made an error, no worries as you weren't to know. I assume your running OpenVix which doesn't officially support the zgemma so the only way to update is to re flash the box but not all is lost you should be able to recover your line file by connecting to the zgemma and locating your line file, either a CCcam.cfg in /var or Newcamd.list (and mg_cfg) in the user/keys folder.

You can flash a "backup" image from this forum, pop into the downloads section or browse the zgemma subsection for a image then flash, add your line again and your back viewing in no time.

Your supplier of the line/box should give you details and not have to buy a new line.
I assume it was a vix image as they don't like online updates.
Try the wooshbuild flash in the zgemma 2s section if you have to reflash from the start.

Thanks for the replies, yes it was vix and my supplier has informed me that I will need a new line? I will go down the backup route in hope I can get it to boot up so I can recover my line.

When the box says boot you may be able to ftp your box using filezlla and get your line, before you flash it completely. if the line is a c line it will be in the etc folder, or if it is a n line it will be in usr / keys. but try to get it before you reflash with usb otherwise it will get wiped.

When the box says boot you may be able to ftp your box using filezlla and get your line, before you flash it completely. if the line is a c line it will be in the etc folder, or if it is a n line it will be in usr / keys. but try to get it before you reflash with usb otherwise it will get wiped.

Yes on filezillla now, which files do I need for me to keep my Line(s)?

---------- Post Merged at 08:58 PM ----------

I have copied 3 folders, etc, usr, and var onto my desktop. I'm guessing these have all the information I'll need for my Line??? Havn't flashed yet, won't until I know I have my correct line details.

Back