zgemma 2s

jamie1973

Hi everyone, up until a few months ago I've been using a zgemma star 2s box for my satellite tv channels, i bought the box off a lad from work and it was all sorted and ready to go. The channels have all gone off now which I'm guessing is down to the company wising up to it all.

Anyway i am wondering if there is any other way i can set the box up so i can get said channels, not really sure what i can say on here but I'm sure you can all understand what i am asking.

cheers!

Hi everyone, up until a few months ago I've been using a zgemma star 2s box for my satellite tv channels, i bought the box off a lad from work and it was all sorted and ready to go. The channels have all gone off now which I'm guessing is down to the company wising up to it all.

Anyway i am wondering if there is any other way i can set the box up so i can get said channels, not really sure what i can say on here but I'm sure you can all understand what i am asking.

cheers!
Have you checked your bb connection some providers of Cardsharing or iptv are shutting up shop if you are after iptv there is a request section or the remaining sattalite channels available

bb connection is fine, i was getting it through a friend and he told me before that it would be finishing. can i not just do the same sort of set up but subscribe(?) somewhere else?

sorry i am completely clueless on how it works

bb connection is fine, i was getting it through a friend and he told me before that it would be finishing. can i not just do the same sort of set up but subscribe(?) somewhere else?

sorry i am completely clueless on how it works
Was it iptv or satellite

its connected up to my sky dish so I'm guessing satellite, not sure what the software is called but when its booting up it says openvix hades

If you have V*rgin Media in your home, the outlook is pretty good at present with the right box.

its connected up to my sky dish so I'm guessing satellite, not sure what the software is called but when its booting up it says openvix hades
You could get another sub for the remaing channels or same as what @ste has said cable is the best way forward at present

You can get the remaining sattalite channels through another sub but if you want movies and sports and PPV events iptv is the best way forward for you some people don't rate it but it's better than paying expensive monthly bills with the right provider and set up

Last edited by a moderator:
do we know which channels are remaining? the only channels which work now are freeview ones. how do i go about getting another sub?

ah ok, can the zgemma box be used to run iptv?

do we know which channels are remaining? the only channels which work now are freeview ones. how do i go about getting another sub?
http://www.techkings.org/threads/an...-for-satellite-june-july-august.123919/unread
There bt sports boxnation selected kids documentries music channels all movies sports and kids are gone but still a decent few left

ah ok, can the zgemma box be used to run iptv?
The star 2s which box you have can but they are old boxes and some say it dosnt have the memory to run smoothly but I found watching a sd channel and not HD the box will run ok

That's a shame that V*rgin isn't in your area - IPTV is your only option then but it's hit and miss from the threads i've seen on here over the last couple of months.

A zgemma isn't the best box to run IPTV either, especially the older / slow Star-2S.

ok, sounding more and more I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get sky i think. gutted..... robbing b******s

thanks fellas

I used to have a zgemma star 2s and satellite hd and sd was fine on it and the box was able to handle it fine enough, a star 2s is noticeably slower than the more new zgemmas but not enough from my own experience to warrant buying another box, the only reason I got rid of mine was cause it died a painful death.

If I was the op I'd remove that openvix hades off it as its not really designed for that box and you will get issues on it an install something like whooshbuild or ipab as they are using supported firmware and I noticed using whooshbuild after taking hades off mine the box was noticeably quicker.

Just get a line to unscramble the channels from somewhere else, theres plenty of places who will offer you one, best to ask on here though as more trusted members on here, if you want iptv you could try xtream iptv which works on a zgemma for the remaining channels on sky which are dark.

Would the zgemma star s box run iptv as well as the other boxes?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
It will run iptv but it's a slow box to start with I have a star 2s box with iptv it struggles with the HD channels but the sd channels runs ok thats just my opinion best to get some tests and see for your self

Whats the best box to get to run iptv? i can't get into my zgemma box as the supplier will not let me know the root password so just going to order a new one

root password is usually blank by default. Flash Wooshbuild and go from there.

See if you can log into it from your pc. If you are running windows, open a CMD window and type 'telnet ' and the IP address of your box. Type root as the login and just press enter when it asks for a password.

Back