Zgemma - Alternative remote

johjol

Can someone recommend an alternative remote for the Zgemma H5 2s. Looking for one with a USB receiver ideally. Thanks.

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk

Never seen or heard of an alternative mate...I've got an H5.2S also and did have a little look myself, but to no avail.
What's the USB receiver for out of interest?

Never seen or heard of an alternative mate...I've got an H5.2S also and did have a little look myself, but to no avail.
What's the USB receiver for out of interest?
The USB receiver means you don't need to point the remote at the box. I will be putting my box behind the TV which is why this is a good feature. They are out there I was just looking for forum input. I appreciate your response as I was starting to think I was invisible as no one commented on my last post either ;)

why don't you just use smart or tablet
Can be free
I had thought of that but a physical remote will be easier for my family. I know of several but thought I would ask anyway before I dive in. Cheers.

The USB receiver means you don't need to point the remote at the box. I will be putting my box behind the TV which is why this is a good feature. They are out there I was just looking for forum input. I appreciate your response as I was starting to think I was invisible as no one commented on my last post either ;)

I can see you just fine mon amie ;) ...good to meet you!
aah...like the magic eye kinda thing...got ya! Zgemma don't make them for sure, and they don't seem to do much by way of alternative anything for the brand to be honest...that said, I will keep a look out as it is a handy tool to have for that scenario as you mention.

Last edited:
Carcosa, for non usb remotes there have been several threads e.g http://www.techkings.org/threads/ur...ontrol-and-the-zgemma-h2s.113488/#post-766736.
I use the One for All Simple 3 URC6430 (http://www.oneforall.co.uk/universal-remotes/urc6430-simple-3.html), others have use the Harmony type remotes.
The URC6430 fits better in the hand, can be operated rom a longer distance, and is much easier to operate than the standard Zgemma remote.
Great stuff!
That'll help @johjol out nicely :(y):

One of the best remotes available are Logitech Harmony, various types available however the most common is a 650. This will easily change the channel with the box behind the telly. Is still IR but works brilliantly. Can be expensive though.

Alternatively for about £5 you can get an IR extender... put the sensor on the Zgemma box (where it ordinarily has the sensor) then plug the extender in to usb on your tv to power it and then position the other IR sensor on the front of the TV, anywhere you like as you wouldn’t notice it there.

Works well with existing Zgemma remote. I’ve done this upstairs and use the Harmony downstairs.

Thanks. I actually bought the Harmony 650 and it works brilliantly. You must have line of sight how ever as it is an IR remote and not Bluetooth or WiFi as your "behind the telly" point suggests.

That is true although a IR extender should allow you to use the remote anywhere in the room much like you do with the standard tv remote.

Bluetooth or WiFi remotes are great but for a quick alternative IF extender.

Zgemma remotes aren’t very good at all but your Harmony doesn’t need to be in direct line of sight because it’s IR range is really good

Anyway personal preferences.

Back