Zgemma Boxes

ClubLife

Evening ladies and gents. I haven't had the need to purchase a new box for quite a while, and now I'm looking to pick a new one up for the in-laws. Their current box is a Zgemma 2S, but it's struggling with processing the channels for IPTV.

What's the latest Zgemma box that's good for IPTV + Sat channels? I was looking at the H.2S but just saw there's a bunch of other Zgemma boxes now, so I'm confused as there's nowhere that documents their release dates.

I was previously looking at the Edision OS Mini but read the remote is pretty shoddy on those so have passed on that.

Is there much difference between the H.2S and the H5.2S other than the latter supporting H.265? The processor shows as being different but from reading around it's still a dual core running at 2000 dmips. Anyone had experience of both side by side? It is really worth the extra £10.00?

I'd be looking to put Wooshbuild on it for ease of setup and maintenance, so it needs to be supported on that front, and already have a line so that's no biggy.

Cheers in advance for any help and advice.

For an extra £10 I would go for the H5, I've had/got H2S and H2H and an H5.2tc (same family as the H5.2s but cable/sat), you can see the difference in speed between the two. Both though should run IPTV for you

the 2s was very basic but helped to turn the tide on cheaper entry level Enigma2 boxes, the H2S was a leap forward in performance & stability, from here on in Zgemma's have been solid little boxes with huge support here on TK's. Dont rule out the Edision make as they are a slight step up on many zgemma's imo (Ive had/have most models from both manufacturers), many other makes out perform both Zgemma's & Edision's so its a case of horses for courses & budget.

Cheers for the replies and the feedback on the speed.

Anyone had a H9S next to a H.2S/H5.2S? The only reason I'm even considering it is because they never utilise the second tuner.

If you don't use the second tuner the H9S is a must. It is as fast a sh1t off a shovel.

Although lacks the sex appeal and features of the Vu+ Solo4k, it is as fast. For the money you will be blown away.

Single sat tuner only.
Chuck IPTV Player on it
IPTV
and you are laughing, or your in-laws will be.

Please get feedback from others though and don't just take my word for it.

Back