Zgemma brute force 6887

garyth

TK Veteran
Can anyone recommend a image which has this function on it and works with a Zgemma H2 combo.
All other images are set for 6952 which is Telewest as default, abm sorts channels but a lot are tune failed, mainly sd format.
Ive got HD back no glitching with 0-28% which I'm baffled at. Would like to reflashing and try this function only.
my old kv picked up every channel with 82% signal rate from a split feed.

What image you using, I use vix and it has that option in tuner config to bruteforce scan 6887.
Also the signal strength things on the zgemma box/image is not accurate, when I plug in an H2 to set it up every one of them does that, when I plug my ET10000 back in then they signal levels are fine and stable, so don't pay any attention to it, the best indicator is if you can watch the screen and it works

---------- Post Merged at 08:10 AM ----------

Try your tuner like,
Tuner type DVB-C
Configuration mode Enabled
Network ID whatever yours is
Used service scan type Provider
Provider to scan Virgin media bruteforce

What image you using, I use vix and it has that option in tuner config to bruteforce scan 6887.
Also the signal strength things on the zgemma box/image is not accurate, when I plug in an H2 to set it up every one of them does that, when I plug my ET10000 back in then they signal levels are fine and stable, so don't pay any attention to it, the best indicator is if you can watch the screen and it works

---------- Post Merged at 08:10 AM ----------

Try your tuner like,
Tuner type DVB-C
Configuration mode Enabled
Network ID whatever yours is
Used service scan type Provider
Provider to scan Virgin media bruteforce[/QUOTE

Thanks mate this has helped I think, the issue with the vix/had ex latest back up is that brute force 6887 is on Dropbox down ac cable brute force 6887 rather than virgin media 6887.
now that my tuner is set to this do I do automatic scan or manual scan, or does the auto bouquets now scan the box for 6887 only
Gary

---------- Post Merged at 11:19 AM ----------

I thought this may have solved all my issues but it hasn't, I scanned cable brute force symbol rate 6887. Not sure why it doesn't show as virgin media 6887.
My autoboquets are running, my HD is back, but channels like gold, racing uk, a lot of discovery etc all sd channels are tune failed.
Also my sky sports 1 HD is a bit of a hit and miss, as in glitching. All other HD channels are tiptop!

Check the frequency of the affected channels to see if they are high or low, for example the zgemma gave issues on my cable with low freq's, like between 120mhz and 130mhz,
Have you tried an automatic scan? then ABM and reboot?

---------- Post Merged at 11:27 AM ----------

P.S. I'm not running any zgemma's, my cable box is an xtrend et10000 running the latest vix, 3.2.0 build 5 I think

When I do automatic scan my vix logo spins, no scan is shown. Tried brute force 6887 no channels come through via scan.
run autobouquets which is set for virgin 6952 which is the only option for providers when setting up.
I also think this is a frequency issue with this box, if you can think of anything else which may help please give me a nudge.
Gary

Ive had loads of freq issues with the zgemmas cable side, thats why I recommend the miraclebox hybrid mini+, not much dearer or I have the et10000, I have no issues now. Yes its REALLY slow to launch the automatic scan feature, if you leave it long enough it will appear. There is a plugin in extensions I think, called cable scan, have you tried that?

I'll give that a bash

---------- Post Merged at 12:27 PM ----------

Ive had loads of freq issues with the zgemmas cable side, thats why I recommend the miraclebox hybrid mini+, not much dearer or I have the et10000, I have no issues now. Yes its REALLY slow to launch the automatic scan feature, if you leave it long enough it will appear. There is a plugin in extensions I think, called cable scan, have you tried that?
checked plugins, extensions, afraid it ain't there. Looks like it might be a miracle box I require. Sad thing is I punted my old KV A780 of torment with server on, off, on,off. Paid the same for my Zgemma and my connection to get my HD back which I have done, well 90% of it. When the old KV box got me everything all be it in HD
new box so learning curve!

I cant find it either now....have you tried the manual scan on the freq's you have issues with, are all your connection clean and tight? Are you on a splitter?
Don't throw the towel in yet, I do understand your frustration, nearly threw some out the window!! lol.

I cant find it either now....have you tried the manual scan on the freq's you have issues with, are all your connection clean and tight? Are you on a splitter?
Don't throw the towel in yet, I do understand your frustration, nearly threw some out the window!! lol.
Using a split feed, tried taking it from source and still the same. All channels came through on KV at 82%
When trying a manual scan it's still scanning6952 as the default on the image only has this option. I have to add also scan 6887 at the bottom.

Are you on the latest vix from zgemma.tv? Why not try that if not.....I gave up with the gemma's on MY cable feed, as you already know the KV clears them all

Downloaded what seemed to be the latest vix/hades back up image. Might give the mtpockets one a bash, see what happens there
Gary

Back