Cable zgemma cable questions

umerds

Hi guys

Trying to figure out how to setup this zgemma box. I want it to record a channel and watch another though I only see one cable tuner on the back of the box? I believe that the Vm boxes also take in one cable (whether its internally split im not sure) but would the one cable be enough to get two feeds or would I need to use a cable from the RF out to in on tuner B? Or have I got this completely wrong? (I think I might be) I am used to the satellite side of things so Im not too sure how the cable boxes are connected etc.

I think you need a box with 2 cable tuners to be able to watch one while recording another, but if you have vm and sly subs
you could record on sly whilst watching on the vm side or vice versa, thats my take on things, however i could be wrong.

I think you need a box with 2 cable tuners to be able to watch one while recording another, but if you have vm and sly subs
you could record on sly whilst watching on the vm side or vice versa, thats my take on things, however i could be wrong.

Thanks mate I had it all wrong. So I've finally had a look at the inputs properly. The box has a LNB input for Tuner A (sat) and an RF input for Tuner B (cable/freeview). I had not realised it was a combo box. I think I might head towards a miraclebox instead but thanks for the reply.

hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me.
i currently have a skybox m3 and sky have encrypted HD channels so I can't get paid channels such as sky sports and sky movies HD anymore. I was wondering if I was to buy a cable box could I get these HD CHANNELS or have sky encrypted them as well.
Any help would be appreciated
regards

Hi zee123
Hd on sly uk went a long time ago.
Hd channels are available on cable.
Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi zee123
Hd on sly uk went a long time ago.
Hd channels are available on cable.
Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply Delboy007,
So if I was to buy a box such as ZGemma star H1 will I be able to buy a package server that allows me to get channels such as sky sport HD and Sky Movies HD??? As it is a cable box? Or is it just the FTA channels that are available in HD??

Hi zee123

Yes that is correct.
You will need an active vm cable feed.
A cable server supplier.(gift).
Then all hd channels are available.
Sports/movies etc.

Hi
I also have there internet and the tv channels are automatically sent down the same line as the internet line.
They cannot see if you are using there feed for your tv.
Hope this helps.

The dm800d can work with cable but only if it has a dvb/c tuner.
Yours may/may not have this.

Another option is the zgemma h1. Which has 1xsat and 1xcable tuner.

Hi guys can anyone point me in the right direction I'm looking for a internet box for cable I have a h2h with a dvb c tuner plugged into the usb but it freezes quite a bit .Thanks in advance

Back