Zgemma Clock on Front Display

cornorth

Where's the file/folder located for the clock display for OpenATV?

I'm looking to find the file on a working version, do the software update and ftp the working file back to the box

Any ideas or has anyone had any success with this?

Sorry dont know atv. But u can go to plugins and get permanentvfdclock on vix. Does atv plugins have similar?

It is available in OpenATV too. But don't want to have to download another plugin

Menu, Setup, Usage & GUI, Display, Display Settings

All these settings when tweaked work fine, but don't when software update is done

Sorry dont know atv. But u can go to plugins and get permanentvfdclock on vix. Does atv plugins have similar?

Sucmnsee do you know the settings to show how to have current time displayed on front of box when on standby with permanentvfdclock?. currently mine is set to display the time the when box was put onto standby,annoys the crap out of me

I am pretty sure this used to live in the menus on openatv by default. After I reflashed openatv a couple of weeks ago, I couldn't find this option again so I just downloaded permanentvfdclock plugin. I wouldn't worry about the file size of this plugin. It's only small and just adds an extra menu item into your GUI menus.

Sucmnsee do you know the settings to show how to have current time displayed on front of box when on standby with permanentvfdclock?. currently mine is set to display the time the when box was put onto standby,annoys the crap out of me

It wont show time in standby so set brightness to zero in standby from memory

I am pretty sure this used to live in the menus on openatv by default. After I reflashed openatv a couple of weeks ago, I couldn't find this option again so I just downloaded permanentvfdclock plugin. I wouldn't worry about the file size of this plugin. It's only small and just adds an extra menu item into your GUI menus.

That's right, it still does live in the menus on openatv by default. The menu browse path in the earlier post is still there but doesn't achieve the same effect following an update. Any idea on what could be missing? Previous build file v updated software file?

---------------------------UPDATE---------------------------------------------------------

No idea how, but used my earlier barebones build, made my tweaks and changes, did another backup, did a software update, and er... the clock is er... displaying?!

Last edited:
I had an issue after updating where the brightness was one notch lower which prevented the front display from displayed. Turned it back up and it was fine.

Just found out on the h2s you don't need the clock plugin installed I'm using vix 3.2 027 and there's a option in the front panel display settings to use the clock all the time or display just the channel number or both together, I'm using same build on my zgemma s and don't have this option so guessing that it's only an option on the new boxes.
just thought I'd pipe up that anyone with the new boxes doesn't need the clock plugin anymore.

I had an issue after updating where the brightness was one notch lower which prevented the front display from displayed. Turned it back up and it was fine.

I can't comment for vix or any other build

Mine, and by the sound of many others before, perhaps had the issue, whereby it didn't matter whatever you did the clock wouldn't display on the front panel on OpenATV

All I can say is that it does again now

I'm not sure if there's others out there that have updated their software and see this now miraculously work?!

Last edited:

I can't comment for vix or any other build

Mine, and by the sound of many others before, perhaps had the issue, whereby it didn't matter whatever you did the clock wouldn't display on the front panel on OpenATV

All I can say is that it does again now

I'm not sure if there's others out there that have updated their software and see this now miraculously work?!

i was referring to OpenATV as well.

Back