Zgemma full set up guide

Hi, it's been a long while since I have had to set up a box and I seem to remember a post where there was a link to someones dropbox folder where there was a full set up guide for a zgemma on cable.... don't suppose anyone can link me to it please?

Hoping to get some help, i am trying to set up a zgemma h2h, but i cant get it to flash, it stays on boot, then numbers 1 to 100 come on the box, then the clock, and on the tv screen it says open atv 6.0, any help will be greatl appreciated

Hoping to get some help, i am trying to set up a zgemma h2h, but i cant get it to flash, it stays on boot, then numbers 1 to 100 come on the box, then the clock, and on the tv screen it says open atv 6.0, any help will be greatl appreciated

Have you simply tried selecting a channel? pressing 101 for example.

yes, it tells me its a shopping channel, but thats it

i am trying to follow your set up info but as i couldnt get it to flash, i couldnt really get anywhere, is it possible the box is already flashed as it is not supposed to be

Last edited by a moderator:
i am trying to follow your set up info but as i couldnt get it to flash, i couldnt really get anywhere, is it possible the box is already flashed as it is not supposed to be

The box will always have a blank firmware on it when you get it - you can either configure this one and install the plugins required or flash a ready made image onto it.

tried to re flash but just the same result, i am a novice with these zgemmas, i tried to go by the above set up thread, but stuck at first base

tried to re flash but just the same result, i am a novice with these zgemmas, i tried to go by the above set up thread, but stuck at first base

Sorry, I misread your first post - didn't realise until now that the box isn't flashing ... What have you tried so far and what image are you trying to flash?

its a new usb , dont know about formatting, says its readt to use, i was trying to use the image for the h2h, cable/sat

its a new usb , dont know about formatting, says its readt to use, i was trying to use the image for the h2h, cable/sat

Where did you get the image from and how did you put it on the usb drive? you can't just put the full zip file onto the usb, you need to extract the zgemma folder and put the full folder and its contents onto the usb.

Not a hard question :grin: ... where did you find the image that you put on your usb drive?

from your set up thread

I am starting from scratch, my first zgemma, you guys are way ahead of me with your knowledge of these boxes, i really didnt think it would be this complicated

Last edited by a moderator:
ok, put the usb in your computer first, then find it in 'my computer', riht click the usb drive and click format

when the format box comes up, choose FAT 32

then put the downloaded flash files onto the formatted stick and try again

Got as far as putting my line for cable and sat in and now I am stuck again. I have downloaded filezilla on to my laptop, entered IP address username etc, but unsure what to do next. Tried copying a tutorial from google but cant seem to get it to work for me that way, any help would be great
thanks

Back