Cable ZGemma H.2H Initial Set Up - Virgin

So when you've done that do I download the image again and then reboot?

---------- Post Merged at 04:07 PM ----------

Okay. So I have everything set up again after the factory reboot. All channels are now showing, ppv, hd etc. Again, same problem. Only FTA channels are viewable. Any suggestions?

for some reason i cant upload the zipfile try the one provided by biohead it may wok

on box
Menu>Setup>System>Storage Devices>Initialisation>Your Drive>Press Red

ftp media/hdd create a folder called imagebackups and ftp the zipfile in the image backeops folder
on box
press blue for openatv quick menu go to flash online/local then press blue for local for me this brings up media/hdd/images/tmp chose yellow for devices chose my hard drive called 1cs then chose imagebackups you should see the image there highlight it and press green to flash

---------- Post Merged at 04:14 PM ----------

So when you've done that do I download the image again and then reboot?

---------- Post Merged at 04:07 PM ----------

Okay. So I have everything set up again after the factory reboot. All channels are now showing, ppv, hd etc. Again, same problem. Only FTA channels are viewable. Any suggestions?

so the image is flashing? you need to purchase a line from here http://www.techkings.org/general-cable-tv/59334-recommend-good-cable-pay-server-request-only.html then follow biheads guide for activating the cam

I had the same problem with flash. try plugging the usb in the back. turn on from the back then quickly press the front power button. boot should switch to flash and your off!

So, I've got a subscription but the non FTA channels are still locked out. Also, my signal strength is at 29% so I'm getting a lot of trouble with the picture. Any tips on that please?

---------- Post Merged at 08:16 PM ----------

I had the same problem with flash. try plugging the usb in the back. turn on from the back then quickly press the front power button. boot should switch to flash and your off!

Thanks, but I tried that and it just won't have it. I watched a video of it being done and tried to copy but to no avail! This is ridiculously hard to set up :whacko:

So, I've got a subscription but the non FTA channels are still locked out. Also, my signal strength is at 29% so I'm getting a lot of trouble with the picture. Any tips on that please?

---------- Post Merged at 08:16 PM ----------

Thanks, but I tried that and it just won't have it. I watched a video of it being done and tried to copy but to no avail! This is ridiculously hard to set up :whacko:
I assume you copied the whole zgemma folder to the usb and not the individual files? you should have a folder called zgemma on the stick and the files you mentioned in that folder

what size is the usb in use,8gb vu another type are known for issues with usb and advise a kingston 8gb formatted to fat 32 first.

Ignore the signal rate at 29% they all say that regardless of the signal (it's a bug that's yet to be fixed)

It's working! Picture is REALLY stuttery though. Unwatchable really. Is that because of the sloppy RF port or is it something else? When I fiddle with the connection it gets better then goes back when I let go.

I spent hours on that step! what fixed it was format to fat32 then put the zgemma folder on the stick with all the relevant sub folders inside. then the back button front button trick (also watched on youtube!)

You think that's hard ive been trying to set up virgin HD channels in my epg for the best part of a day!

---------- Post Merged at 08:56 PM ----------

Also had to have the usb plugged into the rear port

The problem was with the N line. I am guessing I now have a C line (I edited the CCcam.cfg file). Once I put that in it worked. Breaks up loads though.

Your cable going into the receiver shouldn't be loose, make sure you have the proper connection, otherwise this will cause picture breakup, once this is resolved if your still experiencing problems your set up might need tweaking

It's not loose as such, just not tight. It might be me as I hate those old type connectors and am always paranoid that they're not tight enough. Some channels are better than others so I guess the connection must be okay. How do I fine tune other channels or tweak the settings to make it better?

---------- Post Merged at 09:17 PM ----------

Got to say the help on here is tremendous guys. Thanks. (y)

I bought an N line but it didn't work so he set it up on a C line and it worked. I'm going to try and get a test N line for a bit to see if it's my settings or something to do with his N line.

Back