Cable Zgemma h1 box keeps glitching on vm

Low signal is totally different from problems with a server and the H1 does not have a crap tuner if you search on the forums most posts are about the H2 and its not too clever tuner.

What signal readings are you getting SNR and on what frequency

What ive read is the tuner is weak compared to other boxes.The VM signal is 98% on most channels,but on the ones that dont clear it is 0%. Freq is 739 mhz 6952000 731 6952000 747mhz 6952000 all HD.

If your getting 0% SNR then its not a server problem its a problem with your Signal coming into the property, for arguments sake if the tuner was crap you would have problems on all VM channels and not just the ones in the high frequency range.

Your first course of action is to remove everything on the main line coming in including any Attenuators and splitters and just run the Zgemma H1 direct from the wall feed and then try those channels again that are giving you 0% SNR

Obviously you wont have a picture but if you press the OK button you should be able to see what the signal is, If it still says Zero then you either have a Box problem,Cable problem if you get any sort of signal above 0% SNR then you know you have a weak signal and will need some form of amplification to remedy the problem

If only a handful of channels are playing up but signal is high what could that be ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My outside box is 2 feet away, i thought an attenuator reduced the signal.

Don't know can you not get ones that rises the signal ?

Going to have to look into it as its a pain now.

If you green box is really close guarantee you will be low down on the taps. Might be worth trying on a higher tap???

Worth a try

Taps? My box outside is brown,i dont know what you mean taps, never heard that before.

---------- Post Merged at 05:23 PM ----------

Low signal is totally different from problems with a server and the H1 does not have a crap tuner if you search on the forums most posts are about the H2 and its not too clever tuner.

What ive read is the tuner is weak compared to other boxes.The VM signal is 98% on most channels,but on the ones that dont clear it is 0%. Freq is 739 mhz 6952000 731 6952000 747mhz 6952000 all HD.

If your getting 0% SNR then its not a server problem its a problem with your Signal coming into the property, for arguments sake if the tuner was crap you would have problems on all VM channels and not just the ones in the high frequency range.

Your first course of action is to remove everything on the main line coming in including any Attenuators and splitters and just run the Zgemma H1 direct from the wall feed and then try those channels again that are giving you 0% SNR

Obviously you wont have a picture but if you press the OK button you should be able to see what the signal is, If it still says Zero then you either have a Box problem,Cable problem if you get any sort of signal above 0% SNR then you know you have a weak signal and will need some form of amplification to remedy the problem
Its deff not the server as ive had a few over the year.I didnt think i would get anything plugged direct into box outside as i thought i would need it connected to the router as well.Im trying that now.

Its deff not the server as ive had a few over the year.I didnt think i would get anything plugged direct into box outside as i thought i would need it connected to the router as well.Im trying that now.

The Brown box outside should lead to your white box inside which you need to connect the Zgemma directly to the white box only

I don't get why that low frequency channels freeze and all the rest are fine and I have signal showing too humm

I don't get why that low frequency channels freeze and all the rest are fine and I have signal showing too humm

and your having a problem with what exactly as my answer pertains only to donjuan400

If you green box is really close guarantee you will be low down on the taps. Might be worth trying on a higher tap???

Worth a try

Taps? My box outside is brown,i dont know what you mean taps, never heard that before.

What I mean by your box outside is the green box in the street this is before it gets to your brown box outside the house inside them there are coax connections (taps) with different signal strengths. That's what Taps are

Worth a try

What I mean by your box outside is the green box in the street this is before it gets to your brown box outside the house inside them there are coax connections (taps) with different signal strengths. That's what Taps are

Taps ok. So you need a friendly cable bloke to sort it.I plugged the cable direct into the zgemma from the internal feed,and the signal went to 40-78% on one of the freqs,the other 2 freqs were 0%.What do we think?

Taps ok. So you need a friendly cable bloke to sort it.I plugged the cable direct into the zgemma from the internal feed,and the signal went to 40-78% on one of the freqs,the other 2 freqs were 0%.What do we think?

Unless you know what your doing at the Green Box i would not tamper with it, if a zealous neighbour sees something they are straight on the blower to VM and your looking at court proceedings LOL.

OK you have gone from 0% SNR on one of the frequency's to around 40-78 then it looks like you need a Cable Amplifier with adjustable gain or you could use attenuators on your other items to balance out the gain due to the AMP

28dB Cable TV CATV/Broadband Modem Signal Booster/Amplifier for Virgin Media | eBay

for the price its certainly worth a shot

Unless you know what your doing at the Green Box i would not tamper with it, if a zealous neighbour sees something they are straight on the blower to VM and your looking at court proceedings LOL.

OK you have gone from 0% SNR on one of the frequency's to around 40-78 then it looks like you need a Cable Amplifier with adjustable gain or you could use attenuators on your other items to balance out the gain due to the AMP

28dB Cable TV CATV/Broadband Modem Signal Booster/Amplifier for Virgin Media | eBay

for the price its certainly worth a shot

Ill not mess with the box,too risky.What do you mean though " use attenuator on your other items" if i put one on,would it not drop the signal to the other freqs.

well seeing as your other frequency's are fine and you are getting channels then when you install the amplifier not only do you increase the signal on the lower power channels that are having problems but you also increase the signal on the ones that are OK and sometimes too much signal can also cause problems.

so you would set the booster to maximum and then check out the channels if the ones that where OK are now not OK then it means you have too much signal so you install a variable Attenuator say 0-20db and adjust this until all your channels are working .

The AMP i linked to has a SC and GC control anyway so you could try that on its own first, Just to let you know i am not saying this will cure your problems butfrom your own test with Zero signal to some signal you must admit it does appear to be a low signal problem

8d28b27c463c96813c0ceb4507a041cb.jpg

With the old coax cable

their issues are with cable service as your screen shot shows sat=different service but will show signal and quality readings.did you have an older cable box before this to check readings?
some places you have to 100% sure with correct net id used.

Mite cost to get someone to check your line but Virgin are doing a big upgrade at the moment so mite be better after that

Ive had glitching for over a year and just put up with it until I read about a cable tv booster, so I bought 1 and its cured it 100%, well worth the 35 quid. Its a konig 1 off fleabay

Ive had glitching for over a year and just put up with it until I read about a cable tv booster, so I bought 1 and its cured it 100%, well worth the 35 quid. Its a konig 1 off fleabay

Shame as a simple phone call to VM and they would have increased the signal level at the cabinet then no need to waste any money on a booster... oh well, at least you're happy.

Back