Zgemma H2 combo set up for cable only

garyth

TK Veteran
Guys, new to the forum and looking for help. I've finally gave in and flogged my old reliable Kv a780 and upgraded to a Zgemma.
Ive been reading up on the posts and would like to know a couple of things.
Do the Zgemma H2 combo boxes need flashed or can you connect you VM cable and set it up by applying net I'd etc into your box via remote
I have the necessary magic to get what I want so if anyone has an idiot guide for the cable side only it would be much appreciated.
thanks in advance
Gary

Go to the firmware section for this box and there are 2 images you can use and it even tells you how to do it , smart eh ,,,,

Thanks for the prompt response guys! I was hoping for a bit more plug and play. What is the reason for flashing for cable? I would've thought it was a case of connecting your cable connection and doing a blind scan with the network ID etc added
I can understand the sky part for flashing, just unsure as to why cable need flashing as well.
Gary

---------- Post Merged at 11:20 AM ----------

Ok mate, So I've went to the firmware section I can see that there are images, when I scroll through the idiot guide it's for sky, is there one I'm missing for cable?

H, you need to flash it if you want to change to a patched openvix(not officially supported) as the box will come with OpenATV(officially supported) on it but can be set up the same if you know how without flashing but you will still need to use an FTP style program like FileZilla or DCC etc to add files to the box, MTPockets seems to be the man to ask about OpenATV but vix has more support on here, the downloads here are not images per say but already set up "back ups" to make it easy for people to get going. As for sly/cable set up thats done in service searching and then tuner config, if no sly feed going to it make sure you set it (tuner A) as "nothing connected" or "not configured" or you will have problems with Autobouquets maker and EPG updates.

P.S. sucmnsee's back up will change the box to openvix, MTPockets will keep it OpenAtv. Its your choice, I prefer openvix as find it easier

Ok I've flashed it with vix hades and having some issues, can I factory reset to try mtpockets flash to see if it works better from
scratchz. Vix doesn't show Glasgow Ntl in the drop down for providers. I'm thinking is it as easy to factory reset and refash using another image.
my lines good, but I think the vix image is conflicting as it's the telewest which defaults to the box on set up.

vix appollo has glasgow 00000 something whuch is not telewest i stay near paisley and use glasgow link i posted is not hades just flash how u done that image should take 10 min

The drop down menu is Glasgow I see is 6952 which is telewest mate
6887 is for Ntl

---------- Post Merged at 07:49 PM ----------

So how do we clear the vix flash, just factory reset and off we go with another yeah?

Can you do this with a usb stick or does it need to be done via FileZilla or like that. I much prefer the stick
way. New to cable, just needed a change from the sky set up

usb to flash format usb to fat32 put downloaded image to root of pendrive turn box off insert usb in back of box turn on box will say boot then flash wait till reboots job done

Back