zgemma H2 recordings keep stuttering

hi, i have recorded a few things on my zgemma h2 and everytime i play them back they keep stuttering and its not watchable at all, i am using a seagate 500gb hdd, i have initialized it and set everything up but it still not watchable, any ideas? thanks

Not saying this is the problem but i would imagine the power needed to power the receiver and the USB hard drive at the same time maybe too much for the Zgemma's PSU.

As not all USB powered hard drives are created equal some take more power to operate than others, but this is more than likely the problem

If you have one to hand that you could try and do a test recording due to rule out PSU issues, Again USB Sticks are also not all the same some perform better than others

i only have a 8gb usb drive, but my epg and picons on on the hdd, if i take it out would they all go?

---------- Post Merged at 01:09 PM ----------

yeah i think i am just going to buy an externally powered hdd. its just i have seen some threads that people us usb powered hdd.
i have mentioned on many threads if you want to record use a powered externally only.

cheaply built boxes dont have the quality in them for keeping going,i also had a vu solo and usb powered portable and had issues as they are for file storing for laptops or pcs not for box pvr.
they probably use them but found out later of issues and kept quiet.

nas type hdd is another option where recordings are sent to your network all hard wired but never tried it.

Back