Zgemma H2h AutoBouquet Not working Timeout for Tuner Lock

nealos

Hi, i have a Zgemma H2H.
I have a line for VM cable UK. I am living in Ireland.
I have set to tune for Dublin.
I have received all channels i need.

2 Cables from Dish. Into LNB and RF in.
Internet cable from VM box.
HDMI cable.

I can get 900 odd channels all scanning in no problem. I think they are from Tuner A as when i disable Tuner B they still scan but when i disable Tuner A they do not scan in.
I can see last scanned channels satellite but not in formation.

I have all premium etc, no issues there.
Autobouqet is not working though. EPG is.
When i scan it in i get the error "Timeout for Tuner Lock"
I have searched the forums and have tried :
- Disabling one tuner and re-scanning.
- Changing cables around.
- Only leaving 1 cable plugged in.

All i want now is to auto arrange them into easier groups!

I am using the Sucmnsee image for Vix.

Any ideas? At this stage would it make it easier to flash again and start over!!! ;)

All help appreciated,

If you're in Dublin then the virgin UK and NI servers over here don't clear there. You need a virgin Ireland ex UPC based server. They're rare and dearer.

Sent from my VF695 using Tapatalk

You say
so where is your vm cable going or was that an error?
sky cable in tuner a bottom right and vm cable in rf adapter in top left
View attachment 17312
hey, yeah no mistake ;)) ... i thought i needed 2 feeds to record? (I have 2 feeds coming from Sat to those 2 points) I can attach the VM cable to the RF out no problem. Still getting all the channels just not able to arrange them. I'll try it and check back. Thanks.

---------- Post Merged at 12:30 PM ----------

If you're in Dublin then the virgin UK and NI servers over here don't clear there. You need a virgin Ireland ex UPC based server. They're rare and dearer.

? Don't clear what though? I have all the channels, fully unlocked no issues, its just the AB's not working. Or is that what you mean when you say not clear? Apologies.

If you can see say sky movies and sky sports then you're fine and have a non virgin Ireland line

I think we're getting mixed up what box do you have? Are you getting virgin channels without the cable connected? This would allow you to record one sky channel and watch one cable channel.

---------- Post Merged at 02:58 PM ----------

It's not rf out its rf in

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum and would like your help or contribution.

Firstly, I'd like to setup mine but I need the best dish size, decoder (including LNB) and where to get free codes (settings). I hear H2.S is better than Zgemma. This is for England setup so any assistance will be helpful

Many thanks,

M

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum and would like your help or contribution.

Firstly, I'd like to setup mine but I need the best dish size, decoder (including LNB) and where to get free codes (settings). I hear H2.S is better than Zgemma. This is for England setup so any assistance will be helpful

Many thanks,

M

Have a look here for a backup Zgemma-Star H.2S or here to setup from scratch http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-2s/84949-bare-bones-openatv-new-setup-guide.html this is for the h2h

Thanks dsayers2014.

Do you know any link where I can get free lines. Also, what's the best dish size and where do I get them

You say
so where is your vm cable going or was that an error?
sky cable in tuner a bottom right and vm cable in rf adapter in top left
View attachment 17312

Hey, with this setup, Sat cable in bottom right, Cable from VM in the RF port - so for recording on a H2H - other versions of the box have 2 LNB's from reading Whoosh/Sucm guides, what about the H2H? Do i need another cable setup on it? I am unable to record one channel and view another. It says no free tuner.

H2H has 1 port for satellite, and 1 port for cable. If you need 2 satellite ports, you need the H2S box.
To watch one channel and record another on the H2H, you need 1 satellite feed, 1 cable feed, 1 satellite line and 1 cable line.

Right, i got another feed - Cable and Sat lines now.
So, i am still trying to record while watching - i tried it today - something unusual.
Originally If i record any channel, then switch channels i was getting Tuner lock - or NO Tuner Free.
Now with new line, i am able to record one channel - BUT - some channels are allowed to view whereas 98% of them are not. For example, i was recording BtSports1 today and it allowed me view BT2. Same with say a regular Entertainment channel - like Sly - i was able to view some Disney channels and a handful of others. but nowhere near the full amount? They are grey'd out and when i go into them they are locked for no free tuner.

I've tried adjusting my settings for the tuner to record etc - i can find guides for other Zgemmas - but they all refer to a second Tuner (TunerB being setup the same)

Any advice for Zgemma h2h???

I have a feeling its something to do with my Cable setup, i have Tuner A set to 28.2 Astra, and Tuner B is enabled but does not have option to set to Astra same as TunerA. Do i need any extra config?

Sounds like your cable tuner is not set up properly, have you put your area Id in ? for example 00002 Glasgow
Have you scanned for channels ?

Back