zgemma h2h, does anyone know if zgemma will improve /sort out the week tuner problem

Atari2600

any zgemma official people in here?

will / are zgemma going to sort out the problems people are having regarding the week tuners in these models ?

im looking to buy but nearly every post ive read they all say the same thing this particular model has a problem with the tuner - it has a week tuner
week signal, and its put me straight off it.

I have 4 of these boxes and the sly signal is always above 90% and usually at 100% the Cable signal is lower at around the 29-30% mark but the picture and image quality are always class and never an issue. If I needed one I wouldn't hesitate at buying a fifth!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i want the box for cable mainly - and dont really want to buy the h1 - as i want something that has a decent processor,
gazprice = your one of the very few that say this that your cable signal is 29-30% like every body elses but your picture and image quality is class! -

i am very fussy of my picture quality, and i dont want to buy the box and hope its ok, and then mess about with it, return it ask for another batch ect - dont want to go down the route,

i know these model are pretty new - so yes they initially might have teething problems but its the after care services from the manufacturers to own up and rectify a problem if thier is. which by reading on this forum and zgemma also have an official dedicated place on this section - surley they should take on board the feed back that everyone is getting and act on it - well on this case its to do with the tuner - being week,

like i said im in need to buy a combi box sat+cable i deally a zgemma but only if they are or willing to sort out the tuner problem

and wanted clarification on this from an official zgemma representitive.

i dont want to be spending £250 + for a box , i dont need a box that has a mini tv screen init!

I have a H2 and now a H2H and both always showed a signal of 29-30% (cable, no sat feed). Yet both boxes give crystal clear pictures and no breakups. I'd say it's not a weak tuner at all, rather just a fault in the software as both of my boxes have exhibited this behaviour yet not a signal grumble about the PQ from me.

As its a cheap box, you have to be wary about the people who are using them. Chances are, a lot more people will have bought them from an auction site which included a gift - and it's likely to be that gift which is causing all the breakups and glitches! Obviously those people wouldn't know that, they just wanted cheap tv and so blame the box.

Just my tuppensworth here. I have a Zgemma h2 combo being used on VM. Great having all my hd back. I have a snr rate of 29% on all my channels. But my tuner is weak, wont pick up movies sd, music sd, racing uk, gold, these are just the ones I know of.
There is defo an issue with the tuners, exact same set up with my kv a780, all sd channels found and cleared.

Last edited by a moderator:
i want the box for cable mainly - and dont really want to buy the h1 - as i want something that has a decent processor,
gazprice = your one of the very few that say this that your cable signal is 29-30% like every body elses but your picture and image quality is class! -

i am very fussy of my picture quality, and i dont want to buy the box and hope its ok, and then mess about with it, return it ask for another batch ect - dont want to go down the route,

i know these model are pretty new - so yes they initially might have teething problems but its the after care services from the manufacturers to own up and rectify a problem if thier is. which by reading on this forum and zgemma also have an official dedicated place on this section - surley they should take on board the feed back that everyone is getting and act on it - well on this case its to do with the tuner - being week,

like i said im in need to buy a combi box sat+cable i deally a zgemma but only if they are or willing to sort out the tuner problem

i dont want to be spending £250 + for a box , i dont need a box that has a mini tv screen init!

Spend a bit more and look at something like this. Edision

Spend a bit more and look at something like this. Edision
Is the Edison a better alternative? Prices are very reasonable ... How do they compare in speed to the h2.h? Moving to a house with cable .. Will be installing my own dish but will have virmin broadband so wondering the best option .. Currently have h2s and love how fast it is.

Having had a Zgemma H1,H2 and Technomate Nano-SE combo and Nano-3T, Gigablue quad, Vu+ Uno,Ultimo and now a Vu+ Solo2K all these have had some form of cable tuner here is how i rate them after testing them with different attenuators fitted inline to reduce signal and emulate having other official devices on the line.

1. Vu+ Solo4K DVB-C/T/T2 Dual Tuner (very sensitive) started to fail after inline -16db
2. Vu+ Uno/Ultimo fittd with DVB-C/T/T2 single tuner (very sensitive) started to fail after -12db
3. Technomate Nano-3T/ Nano-SE combo DVB-C/T/T2 (very sensitive) started to fail after -12db
4. Zgemma H1 DVB-C tuner (very sensitive) started to fail after -9db
5. Gigablue Quad DVB-C/T tuner (very good) started to fail after -6db
6. Zgemma H2 DVB-C/T/T2 tuner (Poor when pushed) started to fail after -3db

Do not take these as conclusive as everyones line signal strengh is different and depends on haw many TAPS are occupied at the CAB, so please dont take this as gospel its just my own personal findings.

Have not tested the edison or the mutant which seem to be the other popular receivers due to price, as with any product what works on one may not work on another and vice versa

The edision is a super little box ive just put one in for my neighbor, and the cable tuner is on par with the H1.

i'm in agreement with the train of thought thats its not so much a weak tuner but a software flaw that shows the signal strength as 29%.

i was a little worried as i was getting a little glitching on the hd channels but having tried lines from another server it looks as though its the server thats at fault rather than the tuner.

pic is mint here, good to have hd back ;-)

ok, i've changed my mind on this one.

i have just set up a h2h and a h1 on cable.

on the same network and setup the h2h showed 29% and glitched a little on cable.

the h1 shows 98% and is absolutely glitch free.

i have tried several test lines and all glitched on the h2h but were perfect on the h1.

i still think the signal strength stuck at 29% is a software glitch and not a true reflection of the correct signal strenght nut in my mind the tuner sensitivity on the h1 is far better than on the h2h.

possibly, or could be a batch of faulty tuners bearing in mind the complaints in this thread and others regarding cable glitching on the h2h ?

Ive got the H2H and to be honest ive not noticed any problems ( its not in constant use as its in my "kids play room")

Using cable

Edit: I actually got mine for a test before they officially released them

i can't see any other reason though for the glitching that i and others have faced using the h2h against the h1?

same exact physical setup, glitching one one but not the other?

Change the splitter and re-strip the cabling, I had same issue few nights ago

Sent from my Mi 4i using Tapatalk

Looking to buy h1 or h2 or h2h in few days. will use cable only as sly in no HD.
I Have a question about speed. I found few post taht H2H is much faster in menu, responding etc.
is h1 really slow?

H1 is a LOT slower than h2h.. H2 and h2h have Samsung tuners, whilst H1 doesn't, really affects the picture quality. Another plus for h2h is that the remote is far better. If I were you I would go for the h2h, bit more expensive but far better

Sent from my Mi 4i using Tapatalk

Back