Zgemma h2h glitching with technetix hdu 200

hogie

Ive got a zgemma h2h with virmin, 200 mb internet. Virmin engineer fitted a new cable line with technetix non powered splitter. fitted zgemma h2h and all channels glitching really bad, went through the whole process of purchasing top spec cables of various length with compression fitted ends with no joy so purchased a technetix hdu 200, removed splitter set up hdu as shown by many members on here but still experiencing slight glitching, changed leads over etc etc so the cable quality isn't the problem bought 5m, 1m etc and still the same. Can anyone shed any light on this please, annoying isn't the word. Please be gentle i'm no techie ;-) Cheers.

Screen freezing, pixellating then coming back or the picture is pixellated all the time whilst you're watching it?

Hi Ste, the picture just glitches and has tears on the screen, settles down for 5 mins and the does it again sports 1 hd is good with slight tearing but sky sports 5 and boxnation are really bad

On the worst affected channels, what are your signal readings on the receiver?

Have you ever had the tv from VM?

boxnation seems okay at the moment just went on f1 hd and its totally pixellated and jumping from 0% to 252% then 229% all the time. The okay channels are on 229% constantly with slight glitching and tearing.
I have tv from virgin in my front room, I have another line going uptairs to my router which the engineer split and fed a tivo box in my kitchen. This is where I have the zgemma.

Ok when you set the box up, did you take the NET ID from your genuine TV box to put into the zgemma?

Have you tried the zgemma in your front room to see if the problem is still there?

The box was set up by the guy who supplies the line we just took the tivo out and put the zgemma in its place, we tried the exact set up in my front and exactly the same, we took it to his house 2 miles away and it works flawlessly with no powered hdu. He has done loads of these and its only me with glitching issues.

Did you get the NET ID from your genuine TV box or did he get it from his and set it up at his house?

Do you use Autobouquetsmaker on the box?

He didn't get my net ID because the tivo was off when he came round and he just put the zgemma in. So I'm guessing he set it up at his house. I'm a total newbie (pain the arse sorry!) - is there a way I can check if the box is using Autobouquetsmaker? whatever that is?

It's possible he is under a different network id hence why it's not working quite right on yours...

This is how to get your net id from your genuine box;

2jsREbC.jpg

Menu > setup > service searching > Autobouquetsmaker should be here... under configuration, your correct net id should be set here.

I have a v7 box in my front room will the net id be the same or have I got to put the tivo back on in my kitchen?

just checked and my id is 41066 and on the zgemma is 41066 manchester 2 so this seems ok, when i went on sky bouquets maker the region has central midlands???

I'm assuming you mean auto bouquets maker? ... you don't have s*y connected do you?

no don't have sly connected, think i went into sly bouquets maker by mistake

Attachments

• IMG_2156.JPG
    IMG_2156.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 27
I have never used "Advanced Bouquets Management" plugin - I think that's on iPab firmware.. go into it and see if there's a providers option in there and see if V*rgin is enabled and you area id is set in there too.

not sure on this

Attachments

• Screen shot 2017-08-28 at 21.21.15.png
    Screen shot 2017-08-28 at 21.21.15.png
    86.7 KB · Views: 86
  • Screen shot 2017-08-28 at 21.23.37.png
    Screen shot 2017-08-28 at 21.23.37.png
    78.6 KB · Views: 86
  • Screen shot 2017-08-28 at 21.23.55.png
    Screen shot 2017-08-28 at 21.23.55.png
    78.1 KB · Views: 87
Back