Zgemma h2h glitching with technetix hdu 200

That power (dbmv) is too low - the threshold is -6 to +10 but you're falling below this... also snr (db) should be sat at around 37... when you start to get towards 35, this is when you'll notice interference on the screen.

Is your cabling set up like so?... a feed coming into the house (white box on wall) a piece of wire going into a splitter then 2 wires coming from this to router and zgemma?

took the un powered splitter out and put the powered technetix hdu 200 in its place, was told to set up like this, i did try putting the powered hdu in after the splitter to the zgemma but it was worse.

Attachments

• IMG_2158.JPG
    IMG_2158.JPG
    472.6 KB · Views: 69
Unplug the zgemma and ring VM - tell them you've had an in-home PC healthcheck and the technician has noticed your power levels are too low and this needs investigating by V*rgin ... V*rgin will adjust your strength at the green cabinet in the street and you should be ok after this.

so my signal is still too low even after the hdu has been fitted to boost the signal? I'm just a bit nervous about asking virgin to monitor my line, especially with the footy season upon us but I will unplug the zgemma and defo ring them as you have said, cant do any harm :(y): thanks for your time ste, top man!:)

They wont monitor your line, when you ring them, they will log into your router and check those levels and see that they're not within range and get it fixed by sending a technician to the green cabinet in the street to investigate (usually).

The HDU is supposed to bring signal levels in line with VM requirements but in your case, it doesn't appear to have worked... do as advised first then go from there as I can't see anything else obviously wrong from what you've told us :)

I don't think the HDU is working correctly
Every one i have fitted has increased the signal no end
May be a duff one :(y):

Last edited:
Reactions: ste
Thanks Dave100, I will get virmin to up my signal and if it still isn't right then I will get my mates hdu which works fine and then try that.

Well after numerous leads, splitters, 2 kinds of boosters and a lot of wasted time, I have finally solved my glitching issues. All down to the very poor signal that virmin was piping into my property, Engineer came round tested my signal, shook his head, went down the street to the green box, presumed he upped my signal. Then he fitted a technetix hdu 200! - I put my zgemma back in and hey presto - no glitching and everything okay. Big thanks to ste on this thread, your a star pal! :(y):

Back