Cable Zgemma H2h. Help needed.

Very green newbie here. Ive had this box for a week now and been looking and trying to get it up and running. Followed different Posters on their hows and ways but getting a bit confused and lost. So was wondering if there is a very simple guide for idiots for the cable set up. Not after recording anything as can find most things online. Just want to be able to have all the tv channels on the remote. Had the KV 780 for years [might be coming back on line now]. Many thanks.

I'm using sucmnsee's image on the h2h, no problems so far :)

Give it a try. There is instructions there as well to get the box set up then all is left is to get the cable set up which you can find here.

Good luck(y) If your having no joy just reply with what your stuck on and we will help

Cheers for that, downloaded so ready to go.Fingers crossed.:p

---------- Post Merged at 04:19 PM ----------

USB not flashing now. On the laptop is says the file is on the stick but box not flashing just booting up ??

okay so you downloaded the zip file.
Your not just putting the zip file on the root of the usb are you?
Your extracting the "zgemma" folder from the zip file onto the root of the usb? Correct?
Also the usb has to go in at the back

If so then I would low level format the usb drive (completely wipes the whole thing fresh)

Here is the download for the low level format tool

Then try again. After that it should pick up the usb and the letter's 'FLSH' should appear on the front of the box :)

Was going so well, now I have a CrossEPG error, timeout for turner lock. I can see in the menu that I can force things but not sure what or any???

This is how i do my EPG for virmin its different.
I take it you have a storage device attached & all set up?
EPG
Menu > Setup > System > EPG > Settings > Enable Virgin EPG: yes
Menu > Setup > System > EPG > Cross EPG > Update rytec providers
Menu > Setup > System > EPG > Cross EPG > XMLTV Providers > Rytec Virgin UK XMLTV > click yellow to download *Wait for it to finish* > Click okay on Rytec Virgin UK XMLTV (Green tick should appear) then hit green to save
Menu > Setup > System > EPG > XMLTV-Importer > Press Blue for Sources > Scroll to Rytec Virgin UK XMLTV Okay *Green tick will appear* > Gress green to save
Menu > Setup > System > EPG > XMLTV-Importer > Press Yellow for Manual > then Yes.

Now to tune it properly:

Menu > Setup > Service Searching > Tuner B Enable > Network ID > find yours here

Menu > Setup > Service Searching > AutoBouquetsMaker > Delete bouquets
Menu > Setup > Service Searching > AutoBouquetsMaker > Providers > Double check all the settings in there are correct:
Virmin uk: yes
Virmin uk area: select your NetID
Virmin uk fta only: no
Virmin uk generate main bouquet: yes
Virmin uk: generate sections bouquets: yes
Virmin uk generate hd bouquets: yes
Virmin uk generate fta bouquet: yes
Virmin uk generate fta hd bouquet: yes
Virmin uk swap channels: yes to replace or sd channels with the hd channels up to you

Menu > Setup > Service Searching > AutoBouquetsMaker > Start Scan

Try them steps then post back

Welcome.
The rest? What else is there left to do or are you setting more than one box up?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Yeah, you have a n line i take it?
Get a laptop or pc download ftp client filezilla
Then find out zgemma ip address by going
Menu > Information > network
In filezilla:
Ip address: your box
Port:21
Username: root
Password: root
Navigate to usr/keys right click newcamd.list > edit (open with notepad)
On the first line paste your line.
Replace the "n:" with "CWS = "
Save the file restart box
If its a c line(which i highly doubt for a cable line) then it will be different

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Burlesy, you are a true gent, would like to thank you, succemnsee and everyone else who have posted on this sight where I have been reading for a few weeks now picking up little bits of info and with your [Burlesy] help tonight to get it working, and looking much better than my old KV 780. If I knew where you lived I would buy you all a pint or 2. Many thanks.

quick access to iptvplayer on sucmnsee's image: press portal button on remote, select iptvplayer, allow it to update if needed, once done & your looking at iptvplayer scroll down to vumoo/movie4k/yify as these are known to work & are in english, a quick tip is once you are about to click ok to watch your selected item/film/whatever press the green button & you will see the green tab change from player/record to record/player this will now download instead of streaming, its not a perfect system by any means & as others say maybe Firestick is a better way to go but its there IF you want to give it a go.

quick access to iptvplayer on sucmnsee's image: press portal button on remote, select iptvplayer, allow it to update if needed, once done & your looking at iptvplayer scroll down to vumoo/movie4k/yify as these are known to work & are in english, a quick tip is once you are about to click ok to watch your selected item/film/whatever press the green button & you will see the green tab change from player/record to record/player this will now download instead of streaming, its not a perfect system by any means & as others say maybe Firestick is a better way to go but its there IF you want to give it a go.

That's awesome! I see what you mean around the firestick, but I don't think it's that bad at all tbh! :) Nice work :)

how many lines do i need for virmin h2h to watch one and record another ??

how many lines do i need for virmin h2h to watch one and record another ??

Back