Cable Zgemma h2h Signal strength to high. Can anyone help?

So the 5-1000 mhz is the one to use..... I know I sound thick but I also had the 5-2400 mhz. Could that cause a problem not scanning all the channels

Although its commonly recommended to use the 5-1000 mhz I along with other forum members use the 5-2400 mhz therefore I would be surprised if this was the cause of not scanning all your channels!

The 5-100mhz does not allow the pass-through of frequencies used by satellite. The 5-2400mhz would. This would not be the problem. They will both allow all cable transport streams to get to the box.
A cheap splitter can definitely cause an issue.

Can a scan be done without the splitter in-line? By temporarily taking your superhub out?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

The 5-100mhz does not allow the pass-through of frequencies used by satellite. The 5-2400mhz would. This would not be the problem. They will both allow all cable transport streams to get to the box.

Exactly my point!

You're just Scottish Ian - stubborn lol lol.

Maybe the cheapness with the up to 2400mhz split(more insertion loss) then has been the issue but it's certainly helped a lot on here changing to a VM one but as you say Bees(wishes he was Scottish lol) and a few ledges on here have been using them for a while with no issue...

Last edited:
Is there a cable attenuator inline on the modem feed? These would bring the signal levels down in to spec if they are high at the external termination box on your property. If there is one, put it on the input of the splitter to bring the feed for the modem and box into spec.

You're just Scottish Ian - stubborn lol lol.

Maybe the cheapness with the up to 2400mhz split but it's certainly helped a lot on here changing it to a VM one but as you say Bees(wishes he was Scottish) and a few ledges have been using them for a while.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

You know fine well bangord us Scots dont like spending money when its likely to be unnecessary lol as for Bees he was spotted wearing a kilt the last I heard :)

Last edited:
I am not sure, but does the box have to be connected to the internet for a channel scan? If not, take your modem out and just connect your box without the splitter. If this does not work/no channels populated, you know it is not your splitter.

Usual places but Tratec ones hard to fine. usually second hand. A Konig will do.

I am not sure, but does the box have to be connected to the internet for a channel scan? If not, take your modem out and just connect your box without the splitter. If this does not work/no channels populated, you know it is not your splitter.

No, no internet needed but when connect can still have issues on certain freqs

Thank you....the only channel I cannot get is BT sport 3 HD all the others are fine ....I have scanned the channels about 10 times over the last couple of days....can't understand it

Thank you....the only channel I cannot get is BT sport 3 HD all the others are fine ....I have scanned the channels about 10 times over the last couple of days....can't understand it

Could it not just be the problem is it your line suppliers end?

BT sport 3 HD is there but just a black screen when I press on it ...and signal is on 0% As all others are at 229%

Or ok do I put it on BT Sport 3 HD then do a manual scan or will it find it....itself....as the channel is there but no picture just black screen ..and signal at 0%

Or ok do I put it on BT Sport 3 HD then do a manual scan or will it find it....itself....as the channel is there but no picture just black screen ..and signal at 0%

it dont matter if your on the channel already just do the scan, it should replace yours, but if you have 0% signal have another look at your connections and make sure there tight.

I have every channel and at 229% signal. But when I go onto BT Sport 3 HD there's nothing just black screen and 0% SIGNAL. so can't be a signal problem

I have every channel and at 229% signal. But when I go onto BT Sport 3 HD there's nothing just black screen and 0% SIGNAL. so can't be a signal problem

ok just goto setup / service searching / autobouquetesmaker / delete bouquetes and then do a rescan see it that works

Back