Zgemma H2H - Vm Cable Newbie help needed

Adyzaky

Hello, great forum.

I use to be a Sat user until they pulled most of the channels, I then tried IPTV with multiple providers and the viewing experience just wasn't consistent.

I then found out you can still get HD channels if you're in a cable area network using a similar method to the Sat sharing systems.

Went and signed up to Virgin Broadband so that I have an active line, I've got the hardware for the splitter and have just ordered a ZGemma H2H box from a supplier with 12 month sub.

In the past the sat boxes supplied were pre-configured, I have asked the supplier to send me instructions but he's been a little vague. The box is on it's way so I just need to get on with it.

This is what he said I need to do

"you will have to know the setup in your end. the box will come with preinstalled vm gift but you will have to put your vm net ID according to your area and then run autobouquetmaker accordingly. if you cannot get it working in yoru end we cannot do anything."

Can anyone elaborate on the process and let me know what other hardware i might need to interface with the box to set it up?

Much obliged,

Ady

If your box is coming pretty much preloaded with build and gift, then all you need to is find the net id for your area and add it to the tuner config settings
Tuner config> set provider to vm> underneath select the net id for your area and save and exit

now in service searching> autobouquetsmaker>config> set the same as above in here and save, then exit and scan.
When complete, ok on favs on the remote and the channels should all clear, if not press blue>softcam panel> restart softcam......hope this helps

set the net id in Settings -> Service Searching -> AutobouquetsMaker -> providers -> Virgin UK: Area and then press the green button to save and then select run scan.

No need to go into tuner config unless you wish to disable one of the tuners.
There should also be no need to go into AutobouquetsMaker -> Config

set the net id in Settings -> Service Searching -> AutobouquetsMaker -> providers -> Virgin UK: Area and then press the green button to save and then select run scan.

that's a strange one as when I add the net id and set provider as vm in my tuner config, I don't need to touch abm at all as its already logged in there, therefore I would say it depends on build where you would apply these settings....

no matter what build you have the netiid needs to be set in abm->providers. Maybe you've been lucky and in the default netid :)

You can set the net id and provider in tuner config but there should be no need unless you plan to do an automatic or manual scan rather than an abm scan.

Edit: unless you use IPAB which I have no knowledge of and may do things differently

The default net id isn't my net id, just thought it was easier as when I add to tuner config, it adds itself to abm and then you just scan without the need of adding again. The Tuner config is the easier part as you know, once folk start pressing buttons on the remote they start to panic...lol

If your box is coming pretty much preloaded with build and gift, then all you need to is find the net id for your area and add it to the tuner config settings
Tuner config> set provider to vm> underneath select the net id for your area and save and exit

now in service searching> autobouquetsmaker>config> set the same as above in here and save, then exit and scan.
When complete, ok on favs on the remote and the channels should all clear, if not press blue>softcam panel> restart softcam......hope this helps

Amazing, thank you.

Thanks mate. I guess i just need select my local area?

Great, sounds simples :)

Any noise in the grapevine about VM going the way of Sky Sat with the loss of channels?

Like above, running a H2H with S and VM feeds, just updated to wooshbuild v7, abm is a little temperamental though, just wondering if the grogbuild would be better, seems to get good recommendations on here,

Maybe have a sticky, that'll stop noobs like me asking lol

Is there a thread i can follow on this subject? More than happy to have a read?

there is no thread as such, apart from one about hd channels if in netid area 12. No thread means no issue, believe me if there was something people new about there would be a big thread about it.

Like above, running a H2H with S and VM feeds, just updated to wooshbuild v7, abm is a little temperamental though, just wondering if the grogbuild would be better, seems to get good recommendations on here,
What do you mean 'a little temperamental'? wooshbuild and grogbuild both use ABM. Grogbuild is primarily setup for cable although not hard to enable satellite.

there is no thread as such, apart from one about hd channels if in netid area 12. No thread means no issue, believe me if there was something people new about there would be a big thread about it.

What do you mean 'a little temperamental'? wooshbuild and grogbuild both use ABM. Grogbuild is primarily setup for cable although not hard to enable satellite.

Yes, seen that but it looks like come Jan 2018, all Sports HD channels will be coming to an end.

Yes, seen that but it looks like come Jan 2018, all Sports HD channels will be coming to an end.
Yes you're right, but that is because vm are switching it off on their older boxes then apparently, I think most using cs wouldn't consider loosing HD as something to cry about, it hasn't been on sat for ages and getting it on cable is a bonus. Once actual channels start going all together then you will see the panic kick in.

Hi grog, just recently switched from vix to atv so had learn a few new things, Main issue is I think is that the abm is still setup for the sky channels that are now dark, so still tinkering, what are the best settings for just the usuable sky stuff, I have a sub line, Vm, working fine so no probs there.
Regards

Back