Cable ZGemma H2h VM Cable only - 0 VM channels found

russman72

Hi, Any tips appreciated .. was up 5 hours last night reading through guides.

Setup
- Zgemma H2H
- Currently using Sucmnsee image (tried biohead same issue)
- VM Cable only - No Sly feed

Trying to scan VM for channels however 0 found. (finding freeview ok when switching to DVB-T2 tuner)

To help troubleshoot ...

-- Q1 .Can anyone confirm if a line is required just to find VM channels when doing a scan (obv would expect them to be encypted so not view)?
-- Q2 .Is there a way I can search all channels?
-- Q3 .I am pretty sure my NetID is correct but not 100% .. would I get no channels if it was incorrect?
-- Q4 .Running autobouquets also fails - tuner lock timeout .. however again I believe these are not required to find channels?
-- Q5 .Is there a way to check the signal strength before scanning for channels?

Steps taken
- disable tuner A, configured Tuber B
- Cable in RF port with adapter.
- configured tuner B, as per guides .. net ID, virgin UK etc -- I even tried some of the brute force scans.
- Tried adding both c/n lines .. however I assume not required just to find channels?

Apologies for another thread, but none of my searches have solved my issue.

Thanks

Last edited:
1: No line required just to scan
2: Manual scan will find everything (assuming you've got the right tuner setup including netid)
3: If incorrect, it's possible you'll find no channels.
4: Again, netid needs to be correct
5: Unfortunately, the zgemma doesn't quite work with signal strength (bug in the driver).

Question for you: Do you know your cable feed is active? If you don't have ANY services from VM, they could have disconnected you at the cabinet.

Yes, feed is active, I am using broadband.

I am in the walton on thames areas and using the Hersham netID .. hersham is within a mile. However I am also trying every other netid just in case.
I have currently reverted to a stock openvix image. But I still have the same issue.

Ill keep scanning the Netids ..

Wahooo, I am past Step 1!

FYI - VM ran the cable from the front of my house all the way round to the back, 100 meters. This worked fine when i used to have a virgin box.

So as a test I connected the cable to the connector at the front of the house. I am now picking up Channels.

Thanks to biohead for narrowing down the troubleshooting! Now the fun can begin.
:yes!:

Do you need to be on VM broadband to receive VM channels on Zgemma? Or will Sky broadband work the same?

You need a zgemma with a cable input like a H2.H / H5.2TC etc. a H2.S / Star-2S is a satellite box so these wont work. If you have a cable input in your box then you just need a feed from the VM box on the wall in your house and a VM gift... any internet will do.

I have a H2H but for the past 9hrs scratching my head, I can't fathom out how to get tuner B working, signal strength is showing 0%

The H2.H doesn't say port B on the back of the box, it says ANT in

14B71D63E987B6E492613ACFFB21A854.jpg

The wire is running from the router, one wire in to port A, and the other in to port B of the Zgemma H2H
You say your with sky bb
What wire is running from your router to the box ???
It should be Ethernet
And if using vm bb you feed should be split before router one to box one to router.

I've tried to upload a picture but it's too large to download in here, I'm with Sky broadband trying to set up Virgin media on my Zgemma H2H. Pretty sure the lnb wires are as they should be. However, when I try to download autobouquets, Sky works fine on tuner A, when it tries to scan Virgin on tuner B the following failed message flags up. I've looked at the signal strength and tuner B shows no signal whatsever even though it's connected to a coax Ariel male adapter which is plugged in to lnb B port.

I've tried to upload a picture but it's too large to download in here, I'm with Sky broadband trying to set up Virgin media on my Zgemma H2H. Pretty sure the lnb wires are as they should be. However, when I try to download autobouquets, Sky works fine on tuner A, when it tries to scan Virgin on tuner B the following failed message flags up. I've looked at the signal strength and tuner B shows no signal whatsever even though it's connected to a coax Ariel male adapter which is plugged in to lnb B port.
Do you no if your vm feed is live if not you could of been switched off in the main box.
That's why it's best to have vm bb or atleast no if your feed is live.

There isn't an LNB B port on the H2.H only an ANT IN as per pic above ... assuming you do have a H2.H, hopefully you haven't connected the male coax screw on adapter to one of the S*y cables.

Back