Zgemma H2H whats needed for recording

rennix21

Hi all, i have a H2H and was wondering what is needed for recording, i have a c line that i can have up to 3 boxes off, if i ran 2 cables from the dish would this line work or would i need 2 separate c lines? Thanks

---------- Post Merged at 09:59 PM ----------

Another thing, what kind of hard drive is recommended? A portable 500gb do the job or would i need an externally powered hard drive?

Yes. Youve probably up to 3 tuners so for example if you ran another cable and used the zgemma with both cables then then 2 cables would allow you to watch and record at the same time and that would be 2 of your 3 connections take up. If you had another cable in another room you could have say an Openbox and that would be your 3 connections taken up.

Externally powered is better for a zgemma so it isn't putting too much pressure on it.

Also make sure your version of cccam is 2.3.

Just noticed its the H2H you have so no matter what for sky you can only record what youre watching. You would need another box or 2 to take advantage of your multiroom line.

Do you plan on using cable as well then at some point?

No, not using cable, just have a dish which 2 cables will be taken from, so i wont be able to record and watch with this set up?

No to record one channel and watch another you need 2 sky tuners connected. Didn't you know the h2h is a cable box you can watch one cable and record one sky if you don't have cable you would have been better off with the h2s

Not on the h2h no, unless used cable tuner. You will get a few choices of channels to watch if recording which are on the same transponder. If your 2 cables are coming in the same wall hole and you're not planning more boxes then it may be worth trading it in for a twin sat box. You'd also not need the usually dearer multiroom line when your renewal is up

Sent from my VF695 using Tapatalk

Didnt know that at all, so the H2S will work with 2 feeds from the dish for recording and watching at same time yes? With the same multi room line? Cheers lads

I know your box was dearer but for ease you could always see if someone will do you a swap on here for twin sat

Sent from my VF695 using Tapatalk

If you have a virgin feed coming into your home check it anyway mine was live and i dont have broadband or tv with them yet. As said hd is on cable side i record on sky and watch cable

Sorry, I'm a bit slow, could do with a glossary for all this - just want to get it crystal clear.....

I've currently got standard vm package, sly dish outside but no cable (cut it off when we cancelled years ago). I was thinking about cancelling vm tv (keeping broadband) getting an H2H, but if I want to record a different channel to the one I'm watching, I'll need to get a cable connected between the "redundant" dish and the H2H, as well as connecting the vm cable. Then I can, for example, record from the sly channels and watch vm?

While I'm here - what exactly are "lines"???? :(

yep exactly what you have just said is the correct setup . a line is a sub ,you would need a dual line one sat the other vm .

Back