zgemma h2s black screen on sky channels

hi all

I purchased a receiver the other day from a guy that was advertising on facebook. Had good feedback etc so decided to give it ago.
received box all fine and he said its a straight forward plug and play. I did this into the correct ports and i can only receive fta channels every other channel just displays a black screen. I've asked the guy for help but he's just copy and pasting jibberish to me. I've took the cables direct from my sky dish so i know they're fine, I'm guessing it's something i'm doing wrong but i really dont know where to begin with it. I'd also like to get to know the box abit as it seems like a really great piece of kit if it can work.

any bit of advice would be great.

thanks in advance,
Ed

press menu on remote > info panel > softcampanel. There should be a bit of a description of your line details. If not then download filezilla and you'll need to extract the line that way just to make sure he has provided you with a line.

What exactly has the guy sent you in response? might be jibberish to you but someone may know the exact problem

You have connected the box to your router?

Looks to me like you need to start the line, I'm assuming its openvix installed so press Menu on your remote then setup then softcam/CI then softcam manager then highlight either CCcam or MGcam (which ever is there) and then press the blue (I think) for restart, once its restarted then the sky channels should clear

Looks to me like you need to start the line, I'm assuming its openvix installed so press Menu on your remote then setup then softcam/CI then softcam manager then highlight either CCcam or MGcam (which ever is there) and then press the blue (I think) for restart, once its restarted then the sky channels should clear

Thanks for the reply, yes the box is connected to the router.
ive tried starting the line i have 2 options
Cccam .2.3.0
mgcamd.1.35a

i have ticked both or one at a time, rebooted and still the black screen

press menu on remote > info panel > softcampanel. There should be a bit of a description of your line details. If not then download filezilla and you'll need to extract the line that way just to make sure he has provided you with a line.

What exactly has the guy sent you in response? might be jibberish to you but someone may know the exact problem

sorry might be a bit thick here but I can't find any of the softcampanel, I've got a devices box but there is no servers or devices there just tuners at the top

---------- Post Merged at 10:33 PM ----------

The box is connected to the router yea,
ive tried the soft cam manager on both ccam and mgcam and still nothing.

As buck suggested upload what instructions he has sent to you might give us a better idea what he has actually done to the box and get you up and running mate.

These are the instructions I have recieved

Box off.
Usb in rear.
Box on.
Menu
Setup
System
Storage devices
Initialisation
Select ur drive
Red to initialise
Exit all

If you find that the screen is to large/small/off to side :
Menu
Setup
System
User interface
Position setup
U can change about here. Including transparency of windows.
If not working change to 720p and 50hz and try again.

(If u are using a large enough usb/HDD u may want to go to
Menu
Setup
System
Timeshift settings
Autostart ts after 30secs or whatever.
As it is u must press pause to start timeshift)

Menu
Setup
Service searching
Autobouquets maker
Providers. Wait
Sky UK (sd):area. Change from northern ireland custom to your area custom by pressing right or left.
Green to save.
Start scan. Wait.
Exit all
Hold power Restart

Menu
setup
System
Epg
Cross EPG
Download now. Takes 5-10 mins. Will seem like its stuck on Loading Data. Wait.
Happens automatically at 6.20 am anyway.
Exit all
Hold power again and restart.

auto bouqets setup
auto epg update set
cross epg setup to hdd
service scanning set to SD and HD replaced where possible
Includes mgcamd, cccam, openwebif, picture player, mediaportal, tspanel, dreamexplorer, Media scanner, iptvplayer.

how do I go about trying a new line then? Anyone have a link?

Thanks again a in guys great help so far.

right guys.

just done a bit of research on youtube found out how to add a cline. downloaded filezilla to my laptop and connected it opened the etc tab and the the cccam notebook folder. was empty in there. does anyone know where i can get a test one. ive emailed the guy but hes playing the idiot.

Thanks

So he sold you a box with no line? Have you looked in the user/keys folder to see if there is a newcamd.list file?

Tell us what it says in sofcam manager, press Menu ---> Settings --> Softcam/CI --> Softcam Manager, does it show CCcam or MGCam? if its empty then the guys an idiot as you need one of the other to run a line.

Where do you send the data to on FileZilla??

- - - Updated - - -

Where do you send the data to on FileZilla??

Have you read the thread at all?

If it's a newcamd.file you're sending across, it's in /usr/keys. If you're running OpenATV CCcam.cfg will also go in here. On Vix it goes into /etc.

Back