Zgemma H2S Builds

Hi Guys, just purchased an H2S and trying to get a headstart before it arrives, was considering installing the openvix firmware from Zgemma firmwares page and was wondering if anyone has went down this route or have they bypassed completley and used an image from here with all most common plugins included. Apologies if this has been asked many times before.

John

Hi Guys, just purchased an H2S and trying to get a headstart before it arrives, was considering installing the openvix firmware from Zgemma firmwares page and was wondering if anyone has went down this route or have they bypassed completley and used an image from here with all most common plugins included. Apologies if this has been asked many times before.

John

I used sucmnsee image and working great

It depends if you want to use it as a learning experience as well as a sat box or just a sat box as quick as possible.

By flashing a pre-built image you are doing the latter but when you play a little to much and forgot what you did you may need support via the forums or some forum searching (or just a re-flash). If you go down the route of doing it yourself you gain a lot of experience due to messing it up and starting again, each re-start is something new learned. You will also be able to sort your own issues as you were the one who set it up in the first place.

A download from the zgemma site though, no matter what you choose to use will be pretty much a bare bones box and will do very little when you turn it on. Much like it will when you receive it.

Pre-built image or self setup, the choice is yours.

Hi Wooshman, Thanks for the reply. It will be a bit of both for myself, i like learning new pieces of kit but usually learn the hard way but i find thats the best way as you say. Will probably try the mentioned builds and take it from there and see how long it takes me to start tinkering lol, been using a dm800 the past few years but finding it struggling to cope with the latest skins and the 64mb storage is rather limiting.
Anyways thanks again for taking the time out to reply.

J

Kiddac has written a great bare bones setup and uses OpenATV, but by following that you would have a head start over just flashing to vix and looking for a guide. Even if you move across to vix at a later date, Enigma2 is Enigma2 and only the menus and buttons seem to change, so building your own Vix after following Kiddac's guide would be a lot easier.

http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-2s/84949-bare-bones-openatv-new-setup-guide.html

But flash, play, break, repeat :-)

Back