Zgemma H2S DNS Settings

PAulSat

I have had my new Zgemma for a week now and like everyone else,have had to come to terms with its many extra facilities and uses compared to a humble Openbox.

When I had my V8S I sometimes lost my line but that was due to my DNS settings changing.I would have to change DCHP to On or OFF and sometimes put Google DNS settings into the Openbox to get my line back.Only happened mabye twice a year but still it was a solution that was easily solved.

Now I have a Zgemma and my line is rock solid as always.However if and when my DNS settings change then how would I go about doing the above? Or does it not affect this more powerful box?

Thanks for replying for anyone who knows and I can always refer to this thread if and when my DNS settings do indeed change.

OpenATV:

Blue button -> Network -> Network interface -> Blue button (Edit DNS) -> change DNS -> Green (save) -> Green (save) again.

Then restart and check it has remembered your changes.

On a whole, never had to change them though.

I have got your WooshBuild wooshman (great it is too i might add)

Thanks for reply,hopefully I wont have to change them either.

OpenATV:

Blue button -> Network -> Network interface -> Blue button (Edit DNS) -> change DNS -> Green (save) -> Green (save) again.

Then restart and check it has remembered your changes.

On a whole, never had to change them though.
Have done as above does not appear to be saving my changes ????

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk

what router/isp do you have?
I'm with VM and in ATV 6.1 have never managed to get my dns changes to save until I edited a file on the box, and now my changes save.

From what I can remember, when I looked up the issue, the box checks the router, if the router provides dns settings to the box then the box updates it's own settings to use them, over writing any nameservers manually set on the box.

what router/isp do you have?
I'm with VM and in ATV 6.1 have never managed to get my dns changes to save until I edited a file on the box, and now my changes save.

From what I can remember, when I looked up the issue, the box checks the router, if the router provides dns settings to the box then the box updates it's own settings to use them, over writing any nameservers manually set on the box.
I'm on VM Hub 3 and changing dhpc to worked for me. Give it a try next time you flash a fresh image without settings restore goto network wizard and change dhpc to no then set Google dns

Sorry the router does not effect the settings saving correctly on the zgemma box. Fullstop

Sorry the router does not effect the settings saving correctly on the zgemma box. Fullstop

I'm on VM Hub 3 and changing dhpc to worked for me. Give it a try next time you flash a fresh image without settings restore goto network wizard and change dhpc to no then set Google dns
We had this before http://www.techkings.org/threads/virmin-block.126626/#post-738306 but I've kept the mods and not tried without since. Will give it a go.

I beg to differ, ATV6.1 has a udhcpc script which is run, and the following is taken from https://udhcp.busybox.net/README.udhcpc

The udhcp client negotiates a lease with the DHCP server and notifies
a set of scripts when a leases is obtained or lost.

renew: This argument is used when a DHCP lease is renewed. All of
the paramaters are set in enviromental variables. This argument is
used when the interface is already configured, so the IP address,
will not change, however, the other DHCP paramaters, such as the
default gateway, subnet mask, and dns server may change

Hence the router (DHCP server) is providing the box with the information which is then written to resolv.conf

Back