Zgemma h2s image backup

smurph1

Sorry, I am new to this....is there a step by step guide to create an image file?
I've seen some posts but they are vague and/or confusing.
I want to include all details including my line (note I haven't tweaked settings or added anything).
Also, what type of USB do I use and how do I prepare it? As this seems to be important.

To be honest if you find the many MANY threads on her vague or confusing, Im not sure you would be able to follow any instructions given.
Your asking about creating an image but Im thinking you dont mean that - you mean you want to install an operating system (OpenATV or Vix) onto your box?
The zgemma's are effectively PC's that run a variation of linux that have a built in sat or cable tuner, and need set up in a similar way as to setting up a PC from scratch.
However, if you have an H2s Im guessing you were going to use a line for sat viewing. Card sharing is dead. it has ceased to be. it is no more. The party is over. If you want to use your box for that, your too late.

Thanks RustyMG, i understand, now using it to watch IPTV, and still think it wise to back it up, yes to USB BSWM911.
Have heard these boxes crash and burn sometimes, so thought it wise....if not let me know......maybe totally unnecessary and it it does crash, will need to start again....

MAKING AN IMAGE BACKUP ON ATV

Menu > Setup > Software management > Backup image

Click red button 'HDD'.

This creates a complete cloned image of your setup on HDD.

(the backup folder is /media/hdd/fullbackup_zgemmah2s)

A zgemma folder is also created on the root of the HDD that can be copied to a USB stick to flash from USB)

or

Click green button 'USB'.

(The USB drive must contain a blank text file named backupstick which can be created in notepad)

This creates a complete cloned image of your setup on USB that can be used to flash from USB.

Back