Zgemma h2s motorised setup

Hi.
So I have recently bought a h2s and I am looking for some help setting it up for motorised satellite.
My 1m dish is already installed, has been for about 7 years, tm-2600 diseqc motor (i think:)) single lnb.
So far I have flashed with wooshbuild, no line added, working fine and currently pointing at 28.2e.
All my previous receivers have been setup using diseqc, that's the way the satellite engineer installed it and showed me that way.
So am unsure if I can only use diseqc or can I set it up using usals?
So I'm looking for some help with the setup for either diseqc or usals, plus anything else I might need to change or add. Epg etc..
Thanks...for now:)

Have you connected the motor to the H2.s yet? ... I tried connected mine to my H2.H at the time I fitted mine earlier this year and every time I tried to drive the motor, it lost all power - in the end, I decided to buy another box for use with the motorised dish.

I think the H2.H does have USALS support though so would expect the H2s to also.

Last edited:
I'm remembering off the top of my head here, but you would do into menu, setting, search settings, tuner configuration then select tuner A and select simple. 2nd line down I think it where you can toggle left or right and you want to select positioner. When positioner is selected then you need to enter you longitude and latitude and then save. I would reboot the box and then select and different satellite from your channels reception list. Choose something like 0.8w and something like aljazeer news english. It should then move you dish to 0.8w.

Still not got it setup.
Spent about 3 hours last night and couldn't get the dish to move, turned out that I'd loosened the connector when changing receivers, spent ages reading to see what I was doing wrong:(
Anyway can't seem to get it working with usals at all, followed settings online and it doesn't seem to want to move satellites.
I can move it manually with diseqc though sometimes it decides not to move, turn the box off and on and then it moves again.
Still don't know what I'm doing:), more reading I guess.
Failing that looks like I'll be paying my satellite engineer to come out and check over my setup.
Thanks for any help guys.

Maybe ste posted a solution above. Zgemma seem to have issues with motors.
I can get the dish to move using diseqc, but no idea if it's me or the receiver causing the problems.
Not even sure if I could return the receiver for refund because they'd probably say it was my equipment that's at fault not the receiver.

After getting one for myself and rooting for you , hope it pans out sounds like your nearly there , hope someone chimes in and gets you up and running :(y):

Just googled your issues with zgemma and I remembered a time with back up images where the motor would not drive. Not a zgemma box though a genuine solo 4k. Tuner A would not move the dish until i changed it to simple and choose 28.2 e or changed the tuner to not configured and set tuner B to usals. Then reboot the box and change it all back again. Worth a try for nothing.

ive been having the same trouble, i have a h2s and a h2h, none of them will move my dish yet an openbox v8s can so it must be the zgemmas.
hope you sort it out then maybee i could follow suite ;););)

No idea what's going on.
Thought I might have finally figured it out, I had 28.2e already stored, then I managed to add 26e, scanned found channels, so tried 23.5e and couldn't pick it up at all, so me thinking I had finally figured it out thought I'd try usals again, could pick anything up at all so went back to diseqc and now I can't even pick 28.2e, I'm sure my dish must be slightly out of line and will need looking at.
Surely it would still pick up 28.2e? 1m dish.
If money wasn't so tight I'd have smashed it up by now.
Rant over...I'll have another go later when I've calmed down :)

Just googled your issues with zgemma and I remembered a time with back up images where the motor would not drive. Not a zgemma box though a genuine solo 4k. Tuner A would not move the dish until i changed it to simple and choose 28.2 e or changed the tuner to not configured and set tuner B to usals. Then reboot the box and change it all back again. Worth a try for nothing.
I might try this later when I've calmed down

Update..
So now it seems I cannot pick up any satellites, 28.2e won't even pick up, not even on my technomate.
So obviously something else is wrong.
So can anybody recommend a motorised satellite engineer in the Rochdale/Manchester area?
Thanks.

norther monkey i actually gave up. wrecked my head right in........got a 1 meter myself mate, sitting there doin nothin now, ended up getting a iptv sub for the h2s upstairs and have virmin downstairs. like i say, browsing the internet from a 2 b, most answers seem to point to the box themselves not being able to power the motor. my motors a technomate and have had no joy :grimacing:

norther monkey i actually gave up. wrecked my head right in........got a 1 meter myself mate, sitting there doin nothin now, ended up getting a iptv sub for the h2s upstairs and have virmin downstairs. like i say, browsing the internet from a 2 b, most answers seem to point to the box themselves not being able to power the motor. my motors a technomate and have had no joy :grimacing:
Thanks.
It's moving the motor though, just not picking up satellites, it was picking up 28.2e and 26e, not now obviously :(

only got my h2h to move the motor once, then nothing. ill give it another go soon with the football starting next week. but like you i felt like putting a sledge hammer through it aaaaaarrrrgggghhhh ;)

dave mine was set up by an installer for a tm6900 hd
worked perfect for that, then i got zgemma box and cant do a thing with it:(

Back