Zgemma h2s motorised setup

Ya i thing the zgemma boxs can struggle to move the motor I think this is down to the psu it may be worth trying a bigger amp one ;)

Zgemma factory power supply is 12v 2A
I would try and find one 4A, 3A may not be enough :(y):

hope you get sorted northern monkey,
dave cheers for the info will search for a 4a psu and see how i go, let you know how i get on ........

buy a cheap satellite box for £20-£30 for use with the motorised dish - that's what I did :)

@Northern Monkey
you're not far from me, J17 of the M60
Im not a sat installer, but a spark, and I dont mind helping out, not done motorised before, but recently set myself up on multisat single dish.
I have an F5 I could let you try, and help set you up if I can,
how high is your dish? I have some ladders that will get gutter height of a normal 2storey house.

yes i know ste, but was just trying to use the so called better box to get one on, i have an old v8s lying around if a different psu doesnt do the trick i might have to use that.

yes i know ste, but was just trying to use the so called better box to get one on, i have an old v8s lying around if a different psu doesnt do the trick i might have to use that.

you could possibly use another box to drive the dish, and have your euro-sub on the better box if you had a dual LNB on the dish,
wouldnt that work?
but seems a massive faff tbh

I was in 2 minds - should I try different things to get the motorised dish working with the zgemma or opt for another box that I knew would be compatible with it... I decided for the latter as apart from potentially wasting money on trying to get it to work with the zgemma, it would have also made it too "busy" looking for every day use with all the channels / categories etc.

maybe this is one of the concessions you need to make with a cheaper box like the Zgemma
they simply arent made to drive a motorised dish

@Northern Monkey
you're not far from me, J17 of the M60
Im not a sat installer, but a spark, and I dont mind helping out, not done motorised before, but recently set myself up on multisat single dish.
I have an F5 I could let you try, and help set you up if I can,
how high is your dish? I have some ladders that will get gutter height of a normal 2storey house.

I'm waiting to see what the guy says I bought it from. Bought it off eBay new.
My dish is halfway up the gable end, above the roofline, not far off level with the top of the roof with my house, modern 2 bed semi. I've got ladders, well my neighbour has, I've used them before when the cable popped out of my motor.
Thanks for the offer, good to know if I can't sort it. I'm hoping I get to send it back cos they sound like more trouble than they are worth.
Should have just bought an iptv box like everyone told me. Grrrrr.

Back