Zgemma h2s motorised setup

No the cable got caught in the dish when it was first installed, i zip tied the cable out the way and it's been fine for 5 years+, plus when that happened the motor wouldn't move and the light on the motor wasn't on, it is now.
Just quote myself and show I have no idea what I'm talking about...
So today the weather was nice (for a change), so thought I'd go outside and see if I could see if there was anything wrong with my dish setup to help diagnose why I'm not getting a signal.
So it seems all the wires that I had zip tied up are no long zip tied and now hanging down around my motor and have managed to pull the lnb wire out of the motor, that would seem why I'm not getting a signal:), I guess all the zip ties have become brittle in the sun and have snapped off.
So my apologies to Steptoe, me saying oh it won't be that:)
Just need to get the ladder out and fit the connector back on and zip tie the wires back up.
Thanks for everyone's help in my signal problems, the answer it seems was simple....just like me:grin:

Just quote myself and show I have no idea what I'm talking about...
So today the weather was nice (for a change), so thought I'd go outside and see if I could see if there was anything wrong with my dish setup to help diagnose why I'm not getting a signal.
So it seems all the wires that I had zip tied up are no long zip tied and now hanging down around my motor and have managed to pull the lnb wire out of the motor, that would seem why I'm not getting a signal:), I guess all the zip ties have become brittle in the sun and have snapped off.
So my apologies to Steptoe, me saying oh it won't be that:)
Just need to get the ladder out and fit the connector back on and zip tie the wires back up.
Thanks for everyone's help in my signal problems, the answer it seems was simple....just like me:grin:

no worries @Northern Monkey
you can get UV stabilised cable ties, or metal ones [but I wouldnt recommend metal ones]
almagamating tape would probably be the best solution if you cant get any UV cable ties
in life I've often found the simple answer is often the best one,
so often I've overlooked the simple things looking for a problem that didnt exist

no worries @Northern Monkey
you can get UV stabilised cable ties, or metal ones [but I wouldnt recommend metal ones]
almagamating tape would probably be the best solution if you cant get any UV cable ties
in life I've often found the simple answer is often the best one,
so often I've overlooked the simple things looking for a problem that didnt exist
Ta, probably just use the basic one again. They've lasted 5 years + :)
Just been and picked up my new receiver (well nearly new).
A gigablue HD Ultra UE, 3 satellite tuners, 1 fixed single and a twin removable one, which I may replace with a cable one when I've got the satellite up and running. 320gb hard drive installed and running openvix.
Now to fix my dish and then the fun and games can begin all over again.

sorry to but in again lads but i dont know where to ask this question.......
my problem is putting my long and lat into my old openbox v8s, am i correct in putting long=-2.9239
lat = 53.2745
this is the way i put it into the box
long =002.96E
LAT = 53.28N dont know wether E and N are correct either.
my post code is ch662pz, any help would be much appreciated, also do i have to alter the limit set up, currently it is on disable limit.

Should be 002.92W for longtitude.

Limiter is only to prevent you from driving it too far and hitting a wall etc. so your prerogative if you want to set it.

Last edited:
So one final update on this thread and then I can start a new one on my Gigablue :)
So I've now returned the **** zgemma and received a full refund.
Got the ladders out and reattached the lnb wire and have signal.
Scanned and tuned satellites on my Gigablue using diseqc, it's amazing how much easier it is with a working, proper receiver :).
Thanks for everyone's help.
Now time for me to start a new thread to help with a one or two small problems on my Gigablue and to help with my final setup, lines, vpn etc..

Last edited:
Have you connected the motor to the H2.s yet? ... I tried connected mine to my H2.H at the time I fitted mine earlier this year and every time I tried to drive the motor, it lost all power - in the end, I decided to buy another box for use with the motorised dish.

I think the H2.H does have USALS support though so would expect the H2s to also.
What box did u buy?

So I'm guessing it was more to do with someone disconnecting your satellite cables, rather than the Zgemma box just not working?? Would have been a better test to try the H2S box again before returning it. You might find your V8 Golden box to work just as well as any Zgemma H5 or even H7, for a little less money. My Zgemma H7S works great with my dish motor, pulls in great pictures, nothing wrong at all with the brand I have. [emoji5] I would have thought the Zgemma H2H and H2S would have dish motor controls somewhere in the tuner menus?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

My problems with the zgemma started before my cable came out of the lnb.
With the zgemma I couldn't drive the motor properly, the only way it would move without problems was on fine movement and then it still couldn't get a signal, including 28.2e.
At that point I plugged back in my old technomate receiver and moved my dish no problem and got signal.
It was when I plugged back in the zgemma and was messing around trying to get a signal that I ripped out the lnb wire.
From what I've read with regards the zgemma and motorised dishes, it can be hit and miss if it works with your motorised setup.
Some people try changing the power supply for a more powerful one, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
I wasn't messing around with a new receiver so it was far easier to just return it.
I can only go off my own experiences and with that I won't be buying another zgemma.

I didn't buy a Zgemma H2H or H2S box as it is a little dated now. So I bought a H7S, took off the cover, and admired the top build quality that went into it. Since you bought a used H2S box from someone, it's possible the last person got it screwed up someway and just lumped their bad news on you. One bad used box doesn't make the whole brand terrible and cheap.
With my Zgemma H7S box, I initially had troubles moving my dish motor too, but I didn't give up on it. I found an equipmentmotorcontrol plugin to download to the box, and after tweaking the settings to minimal, my USALS STAB90 motor is now moving to different satellites in moments instead of hours! [emoji5] Any other issues I had with suddenly losing signal, were resolved in the settings. The Zgemma H7S box is probably going to be the only one I will need for a long time. [emoji5]
I had to go deep into the Tuner Settings to find and setup my dish motor settings, but it was there. I don't know for sure, but I thought the H2H and H2S would run a dish motor.
You might have still liked the Zgemma if you bought a new model box to start with.
The other thing I like about the Zgemma brand is that it's a close family run business, so I know where my money is going to, not sure about the Golden V8 brand. [emoji849]
With regards to changing power supplies, that only applies to the older Skyboxes that I have owned. I thought I needed a stronger power supply too at first, but discovered that I only needed a free plugin to install and set up for my dish motor.

I didn't buy a Zgemma H2H or H2S box as it is a little dated now. So I bought a H7S, took off the cover, and admired the top build quality that went into it. Since you bought a used H2S box from someone, it's possible the last person got it screwed up someway and just lumped their bad news on you. One bad used box doesn't make the whole brand terrible and cheap.
With my Zgemma H7S box, I initially had troubles moving my dish motor too, but I didn't give up on it. I found an equipmentmotorcontrol plugin to download to the box, and after tweaking the settings to minimal, my USALS STAB90 motor is now moving to different satellites in moments instead of hours! [emoji5] Any other issues I had with suddenly losing signal, were resolved in the settings. The Zgemma H7S box is probably going to be the only one I will need for a long time. [emoji5]
I had to go deep into the Tuner Settings to find and setup my dish motor settings, but it was there. I don't know for sure, but I thought the H2H and H2S would run a dish motor.
You might have still liked the Zgemma if you bought a new model box to start with.
The other thing I like about the Zgemma brand is that it's a close family run business, so I know where my money is going to, not sure about the Golden V8 brand. [emoji849]
With regards to changing power supplies, that only applies to the older Skyboxes that I have owned. I thought I needed a stronger power supply too at first, but discovered that I only needed a free plugin to install and set up for my dish motor.

Do you work for zgemma?
My zgemma was brand new in the box all sealed.
As for the Golden v8 brand I couldn't comment as I don't own one.

Do you work for zgemma?
My zgemma was brand new in the box all sealed.
As for the Golden v8 brand I couldn't comment as I don't own one.
No don't work for them, but after I researched who they are before buying, I wouldn't mind working for them actually! [emoji5] From what I gathered from your posts was that you bought a used box from a seller. But my apologies, I kept reading that you bought a Golden V8 Box, and just finally noticed that post was from someone else, sorry for that confusion. [emoji5]
But anyway, sorry you hate Zgemma after one bad experience. I hope a $600+ box will work alot better. LOL! [emoji5]

Last edited:
It's interesting how everyone thinks I work for the company that I'm merely saying good positive things that I experienced. I got that same accusation from another US Satellite Forum.
Evidently, nobody ever wants to hear positive nice things, if they do, the poor person gets labeled a company employee and stomped on. Negative thinking seems to work alot better for the world. LOL! [emoji849]

It's interesting how everyone thinks I work for the company that I'm merely saying good positive things that I experienced. I got that same accusation from another US Satellite Forum.
Evidently, nobody ever wants to hear positive nice things, if they do, the poor person gets labeled a company employee and stomped on. Negative thinking seems to work alot better for the world. LOL! [emoji849]

Maybe because you are posting on a thread where people are having troubles with the product your praising so highly?:)
Like I said I know zgemmas work great for some, just not for me or some others.

Yeah, and to those others having problems, I posted about helpful solutions they can try, if they actually read it. But that's ok, I obviously can't seem to lead a thirsty horse to water and expect it to drink anything. I hope your much more expensive receiver works better for you. [emoji849]

Last edited:
Back