Zgemma h2s on EE internet

Hi all I have a zgemma h2s at moment and it's great and spoke to my sister about her getting one and she said she's on sky at moment and can cancel but the internet is through ee orange and was wondering if she needs to cancel orange and get a internet connection through sky. Thank you to all which can help

You don't need an active Sky subscription, all you need is the Sky dish and the coax cables that come off this into the back of the box. What you then need is a 'line' to unscramble the premium channels, without this line all you will get is FTA channels, BBC etc

Hi all I have a zgemma h2s at moment and it's great and spoke to my sister about her getting one and she said she's on sky at moment and can cancel but the internet is through ee orange and was wondering if she needs to cancel orange and get a internet connection through sky. Thank you to all which can help

It is irrelevant who your internet provider is.

All you need for FTA is a satellite dish and if you want paid channels then you will also need a line/gift and internet access.

Thank you all so much for the advice I will try and get my sister a h2s box and set it up for her I am also trying to sort out the h2h box for my new property which has a Sky dish on the side but I've heard I need a virgin Internet connection if I want Sky and Virgin

Thank you all so much for the advice I will try and get my sister a h2s box and set it up for her I am also trying to sort out the h2h box for my new property which has a Sky dish on the side but I've heard I need a virgin Internet connection if I want Sky and Virgin

No, as I said before it is IRRELEVANT who your ISP is.

However if you want Virmin then you MUST have an active Virmin feed into the H2H box.

Thanks again for the reply so you saying that I need an active virgin line so does that mean I need to buy a package through Virgin like the smallest package they do so I can just get a active line. I really want the HD I have heard the Virgin is it only way to get it

Thanks again for the reply so you saying that I need an active virgin line so does that mean I need to buy a package through Virgin like the smallest package they do so I can just get a active line. I really want the HD I have heard the Virgin is it only way to get it

That's correct, now I don't have Virmin but I believe that even having broadband with them will suffice, so in effect, killing two birds with one stone, so to speak.

If you have a h2h box that is not for satellite. That is a cable box and you would need cable tv from Virgin connected to it. H2s is a satellite box and will run from any freeview dish :)

If you have a h2h box that is not for satellite. That is a cable box and you would need cable tv from Virgin connected to it. H2s is a satellite box and will run from any freeview dish :)

Try not to confuse the issue, a H2H has both a cable tuner and a satellite tuner AFAIK.
And just to be pedantic, there is no such thing as a "Freeview" dish. Freeview is delivered either by cable or antennae where as Freesat uses a satellite dish.

Ok so to my sister's h2s box running Sky all she needs is a Internet connection not necessarily Sky Internet connection and a line and my h2h box I would need Internet connection not necessarily virgin Internet a line and Virgin TV package and a Sky dish if I want to record I hope that all makes sense like you said it is a bit confusing

Ok so to my sister's h2s box running Sky all she needs is a Internet connection not necessarily Sky Internet connection and a line and my h2h box I would need Internet connection not necessarily virgin Internet a line and Virgin TV package and a Sky dish if I want to record I hope that all makes sense like you said it is a bit confusing

Yep, you have it !

That's more or less it.

Try not to confuse the issue, a H2H has both a cable tuner and a satellite tuner AFAIK.
And just to be pedantic, there is no such thing as a "Freeview" dish. Freeview is delivered either by cable or antennae where as Freesat uses a satellite dish.
Just to be pedantic "Freeview" dish is the used terminology for a NON sky dish and was not inferring any other than just that. Yes the H2H is for both, but given the chaps lack of understanding regarding ISP provider required combined with him actually owning a H2H the assumption is made he purchased it for cable.

Does the OP even need the "(smallest) Virmin TV package" he currently thinks he does? I thought you just needed an active Virmin connection and a line/gift?

(Caveat: not got cable nor option; just think I've seen this explained elsewhere...and wanting to avoid him potentially wasting money)

Yes it has been said that it has to be "active" but active with what ??

That's why I said, AFAIK, even (active) broadband will suffice.

Back