Zgemma H2S on wooshbuild 6 openVPN issue - any help appreciated

GJH

Hi Guys

I have an zgemma h2s - woosh 6 - iptv all set up - no drama -apart from one thing that i would appreciate some help with if anyone can spare 5 minutes with me.

I want to now use openVPN - so i got a trial with private tunnel - got the two files required - client.conf and private tunnel apk - installed thm over into etc/openvpn - but all i keep getting is checking feeds - feeds are down for maintenance - so to me i have installed files in the correct place, both are fine and named correctly, but just cannot get by the above log in failure - so been at it all day, searched, googled, spoke to private tunnel, redid the files, re uploaded, check correct positioning in etc folder - i am all good but still same error message.

Can someone give me some advice, as there must be something incorrect somewhere, but i cannot see where the error is. Any help much appreciated, i know my way around the box ok, but am not an expert like some of you are on here, so would appreciate any tips on where its going wrong so i can stop pulling my hair out as this should be pretty straightforward - but alas- when you are at the hair pulling stage i always think better to ask having tried everything you know yourself beforehand, and now i need help .....

Thanks in advance Guys

Cheers

Gj

Had the same problem try this using putty:

open putty and connect to your box with the ssh box ticked

enter the following commands:

opkg list | grep vpn

then...

opkg install openvpn

then...

update-rc.d openvpn defaults

it should now work

d
Teddy, legend mate thanks so much, that fix did the trick - cheers m8, really appreciate the help Gj

did you get openvpn working?

i am getting an error with tun/tap not being installed.

can i ask for a copy of your image if you have it working?

I got it working with your info no problem - although it would only work when you code from putty opkg install OpenVPN - the other two options did nothing - I am using private tunnel apk - its not the fastest but now i have it working i will look around for the quickest bandwith i can get on a vpn, i just could not even get it going until you gave me the code. I am on latest verion of woosh using their image, all standard stuff if that helps you out. As i said i know my way around the box from advice on here and deleting and reinstalling all from scratch a few times to learn it as best i can, but i am no expert thats for sure - cheers GJ

Hi there teddybloat. I've been trying out the Ipab image out but was stuggling to get openvpn working. Wasn't able to solve the "feeds are down for maintenance" issue till I tried your method. Works a treat. Many thanks.

Back