Zgemma h2s saorview, usb tuner

Maxnew

Hi,
I currently have a h2s and would like to view terrestrial tv through it. In my case saorview as i’m in Ireland.
Does anyone know of a usb tuner that definitely works with the h2s.
I know this question has been asked before on Techkings, but I couldn’t find any links to usb tuners that definitely work.
Thanks.

No, you cannot use it for Saoirview, it is a satellite reciever only. USB tuners will not change it to a saoirview box, the best it will do is to allow it to be used on VM Ireland - If you get a USB cable tuner. there is another conversation going on in another thread at the minute involving willo, in it he recommends a tuner, look in the new posts

Hi,
I currently have a h2s and would like to view terrestrial tv through it. In my case saorview as i’m in Ireland.
Does anyone know of a usb tuner that definitely works with the h2s.
I know this question has been asked before on Techkings, but I couldn’t find any links to usb tuners that definitely work.
Thanks.
There is an old thread here that might help, the link for the usb tuner mentioned in the first post doesn't work, I found another one here
In post 20 Paulie57 says Saorview works so you could message him and see what tuner he used.

Not read a single bad comment about those Formular boxes!
It's like 2014 all over again when the zgemmas took off and everyone said "they CANT be good at that price" lol.

I’ve just been looking up the formular f1. Jim1080, what build/image do you use?
I’ve never seen a soarview bouquet, is this something that I’d make up myself using Abm?
Cheers

use a good image like openvix and bees has a lovely tut in the cable section for these boxes,not used saorview myself but imagine its built in for setting up.

hi saorview has to be tune in need an aerial for this i had aerial in attic so now have saorview / f t a from sat dish hope this off help

Hi,

I have a Zgemma Star H2. I'm just wondering can this device read a saorview/terrestrial tuner channels as I'm in Ireland.
I see the box has a DVB-T2 tuner configuration option so can this take a terrestrial input ?

I have saorview working on my h2s using this USB tuner you need to connect the USB tuner and download the right drivers and reboot. When you go into menu - setup - service searching , you should see the terrestrial tuner (Tuner C). Then do a scan of tuner C only and it should pick up the saorview stations . There's a few old Post on here showing how to configure it as well. Only issue with this USB tuner is it won't fit in the back USB as the HDMI port is too close to the USB port, I used a USB extension lead plugged into the front usb post to connect it

Attachments

• IMG_20171208_123251.png
    IMG_20171208_123251.png
    102.8 KB · Views: 116
1_0_1_1260_7EA_2_11A0000_0_0_0 (1).jpg hi when i go to move over from tuner b to C box just blue circle unable to scan for channel have aerial in and tested

Attachments

• 1_0_1_1260_7EA_2_11A0000_0_0_0 (2).jpg
    1_0_1_1260_7EA_2_11A0000_0_0_0 (2).jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 32
I have saorview working on my h2s using this USB tuner you need to connect the USB tuner and download the right drivers and reboot. When you go into menu - setup - service searching , you should see the terrestrial tuner (Tuner C). Then do a scan of tuner C only and it should pick up the saorview stations . There's a few old Post on here showing how to configure it as well. Only issue with this USB tuner is it won't fit in the back USB as the HDMI port is too close to the USB port, I used a USB extension lead plugged into the front usb post to connect it
ANy idea what drivers you used. I can't for the life of me find the right one and it's driving me mad!

Its no use asking other person as they might have a different one?
what is yours as my boxes see the sundtek and the vu turbo drivers.
Maybe yours is not supported any name to match?

If you look above there is a link that will show you the correct driver to use as different usb tuners need different drivers, I have to reflash my box so looks like I'll have to set saorview up again on my box I'll do that and let you know how I did it, what usb tuner do you have ?

Back