zgemma H2s,stuck on boot logo with red light

jammiroo

hi can anyone help me get my box back up and running, or is that not possible?, it is less than a year old, so hopefully i have a guarentee to fall back on if its kerrputt.

it was zip file i downloaded from one of the threads on here, for some similar problem. sorry im not an expert on this, and knowing me it wasnt the correct thing to do...so if you have any suggestions i would really appriciate it, as the box is my only sorce of tv viewing, many thanks

you should be able to flash the box with the image of your choice via the USB method, use one of the backups from this site, the choice is yours Open ATV or VIX, instructions are with the image backups so the only thing you need to be sure off is you have a copy of your line before you start, unfortunately if your box is stuck in a loop you cant lift the line from your box so hope you have it saved somewhere else.

The two most popular image backup Ive linked below:-

http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-sta...-transfer-plugin-basebuild-openatv-5-1-a.html

http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-sta...nsee-latest-vix-backup-zgemma-h2s-hs-h2h.html

Last edited:
thankyou, i will have a look and see if i can find what im looking for, never thought about going to the actual website... i will let you know how i get on

---------- Post Merged at 04:09 PM ----------

thankyou beakyford, with the line i take it you mean the address from my line provider?, i will give it a go, nothing to loose. and all because i put the box into deep standby last night.

I had a box brick on me last night while doing OpenATV online software updates...was stuck in a bootloop so I reflashed with my image of choice via USB then once the box was accessible again after flashing I used the software restore function within the menu to reload the original image I had as a backup from the boxes dedicated HDD to set the box back exactly as it was before the online update failed (always pays to make a backup of your box saved on its dedicated HDD as this backup has all your personal settings saved including your line so makes it easy to set your box back as it was before it messed up).

yes the line/gift your provider sent you to be able to view/clear subscription channels

Last edited:
thank you guys for your help, ive tried to reflash back to the beguinning, still nothing has changed, tried it several time, so im not going to see what the seller says about the box and possible return and replacement.

---------- Post Merged at 04:38 PM ----------

silver it says nothing apart from boot, nothing loads up

I dont think you are actually flashing the box...do you see the word FLASH on the front panel when trying to flash the box? I have not yet seen a box unrecoverable from software issues, the only time Ive seen a box that simply will not work has been down to hardware failure. Your box can be sorted IF you are able to get it to flash with an image, the problem appears to be with getting the image to flash...this is usually down to the USB not being prepared properly before loading the image on to the USB. I'd find a small usb stick like a 2gb/4gb stick...give it a full low level format with hddguru followed by a full windows fat32 format then load image then try to flash box.
Id use a small usb stick as it reduces the time it takes to prepare it, large drives are not the best way to flash a box as they will take hours to prepare, once you have the box flashed then connect the HDD you wish to use for recordings etc & continue the setup process....initialize HDD, create swap file etc

Last edited:
update... ive got my box back up and running, managed to flash the box with the back up suggestion, thanks beakyford... then went back to setting up the box with the original files i have. now i just have to get my line back up and running. thank you so much for the support. (y)

IF you had a backup made before it messed up do an image restore from your latest backup on your box's HDD, if you have made any image backup's since you've had your line on your box that will also be saved on the backup image

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this as its happened to me lol
Some times the box won't recognise the USB,try a different USB, this I did find out the hard way 3 usb later [emoji22][emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think its been covered by those cleaver techy guys on here, something to do with how the box handles the USB: 1st insert it will flash BUT IF you leave it in the port once the box has flashed & rebooted fully the box corrupts the master boot record of the USB causing it not to be recognized, you will only notice this when you try using it to flash again as the box will pass right by the USB on boot...(so many posts keep popping up with this as the cause of there problem).

You can save the USB from being altered by removing the USB once the box has been flashed & is in the reboot process..!

if you didnt remove the USB on reboot after flashing & USB has become corrupt:-
To resolve the issue you need to prepare the USB properly all over again before the USB will flash..fully format with hddguru then a full fat32 format with Windows then load the image ready for flashing. Perhaps not the best explanation but its a rough idea whats happening & why, Im sure someone will provide a more detailed explanation.

Last edited:
What I do is when the box changes from flash to boot is wait till its about 0015 (this way you know it's flashed because it can sometimes change from boot back to flash) power off using the back power button remove usb and insert my hard drive and power back on. This will stop the box from corrupting the usb

For Info:

When flashing, there is a file in the folder structure of the image called noforce. By renaming this to force, the flash will happen when you turn on the box with no user intervention required.

Most pre-built images have this setup already, but if you download a nightly build from zgemma.tv for example, the file will be noforce which required you to press the front button at boot time.

Please help my box is stuck in boot. And nothing else happens. After going through steps to manually flash vox. It started flashing. Screen went blank it then is now stuck in boot and wont move. Please help. After switching on and off its still stuck.

my box is stuck

Please help my box is stuck in boot. And nothing else happens. After going through steps to manually flash vox. It started flashing. Screen went blank it then is now stuck in boot and wont move. Please help. After switching on and off its still stuck.

how do i download the files?

Back