Zgemma h2s VM Cable Advice Needed

LennyHan

Hi all my first real post so be nice :nerd:. Im going to invest in a Zgemma H2s for my Virgin Media cable connection
Does this mean the VM cable I will be using has to be live ie will I have to have some sort of VM TV package I will
be keeping them as my ISP provider but Im not sure if I cut off the TV package this will not work with the Zgemma box.
This is my only way forward as I don't have a Sat dish.

Also if I do manage to setup this box what can I expect to get from it will it be the VM channels or the Sky channels

H2s is for sat mate not cable.you only need 1 service from them if at all.just internet from them will be fine.it will be vm unless you install a dish.

You will need a live vm feed.
So if u are keeping your internet with them then that is enough.
You will get the vm channels.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm so glad you told me a H2s is for Sat only bobless saved me money there mate :)
Also thanks for replying to my questions that goes for Delboy too :)

Looks like ill have to start over again I was so looking forward to using the H2s but never mind.
OK guys can any one guide me towards the box I will need for VM setup please remember
I'm new to this so the easier the setup the better. I would still like to be able to record and watch another channel

Have a look at world of satellite .
They have a range of cable boxes.
Good support and will flash it with the image of your choice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Delboy will have a look. I'm still hopping for more advice maybe from some one
who already has the setup that I'm looking for like I said this is all new to me and I was hopping
some one could guide me in the right direction regarding which box and image to use.

I have a H2H & am more than happy with it, it has 1 cable tuner & 1 sat tuner so to watch & record while on different channels you need to set both sides up, you also need 2 lines, 1 for cable & another for sly, set them up right & you wont have many problems, cant speak for any of the other makes available.

Last edited:
Thanks Beakyford so what your saying is that i could buy a H2s for cable but would not be able to record
but would be able to setup the virgin media side of things via the cable tuner.

sorry my mistake Ive corrected it...H2S for sat only, H2H for sat/cable

in order to be able to watch 1 channel & record another at the same time you need a twin tuner receiver, sat boxes with 2 sat tuners are like the H2S, then there are combo boxes that have 1 sat tuner & 1 cable tuner like the H2H. The advantage of having cable is you get HD back but the drawback is you need to use the 2nd tuner (sly) IF you want to do both at the same time.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update Beakyford Looks like I've still got a lot more homework to do
Can't wait to find what I need looking forward to having a play around :eyes:

Hi all,I need a bit of advice,I've recently brought a Gemma star h2 box,I have virgin media broadband installed in my home,I've brought a splitter so I can have a lead going into my hub and 2 coming off,I've put the coax cable from the splitter to my Gemma box but can't get any channels to work,am I doing something wrong? Any help would be brill xx

Cables in correct top left bottom right i have h2h but am in work now if you dont get sorted before am home by 4.30 will be able to help more when got it in front if me ha

Am sure somebody will help you before then tho ;)

---------- Post Merged at 09:09 AM ----------

Cable wire bottom right sky top left diagonally

image.jpgimage.jpgthis is what the back of my box looks like,sorry i dont know how to make the picture smaller :beg<br>

---------- Post Merged at 10:46 AM ----------

This is how I've got the splitter from my virgin media hubimage.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:
you have your splitter the opposite way round to mine, single side connects to incoming cable feed as it enters the house then on the twin/splitter side 1 feed to router & the other to box

Last edited:
I'll try swapping it round n let u no xx

---------- Post Merged at 11:32 AM ----------

Still the same,got channels 1-5 that's it xx

Splitter is wired wrong emma as beaky said should be the other way round. What image you using open atv or vix??

Single feed to white box coming in then one feed to router one to zgemma

---------- Post Merged at 12:27 PM ----------

Also virgin have firewall in router you need to turn of but it should still find channels when searching for them

I've swapped it round and it's still the same,think it's vix,it came as a plug n play so I'm not 100% sure xx

---------- Post Merged at 12:28 PM ----------

I can find the channels,they're all there just none of them will come on apart from channel 1-5 xx

Back