Zgemma h2s VM Cable Advice Needed

Single feed to be connected to where your vm comes into house.
Then one to router and one to zgemma.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How many channels came up with your scan??
Are they all showing but are just not clearing?.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've turned off the firewall and it still won't pick up any channels,Sky movies/sky sport etc is there they just won't come on xx

Did box come with gift??go to sky one press blue then softcam try mgcamd first then think yellow to restart see if channels come on.

I've got all the channels but now they all freeze,cannot watch 1 programme without it freezing for 4/5 mins at a time,I've had the line checked,changed all the wires,I'm lost at what to do next.....

Anyone know if using a 3 way splitter 1 in 3 out would cause any problems? I need to keep the existing setup with vm router and TiVo box, so just want to add a zgemma combo box??

HI I just got 1 as well and it was ment to be all set up but the guy that sold it has left me high and dry. I've got all channels apart from ITV and the EPG is all over the place (any help on this prob would greatfull). Looking at the pic my loop in and RF in are the opposite way round ? and the ANT power is in off position maybe you could try this and I'm using a 3 way tapped of a 2 way.

Last edited:
I have the opera unity to buy a h2h with full set up but now reading posts not too sure if I am fussed for the HD side of it it seems simpler for me to buy h2s twin and get squirming virmin for bb

Hi all,I need a bit of advice,I've recently brought a Gemma star h2 box,I have virgin media broadband installed in my home,I've brought a splitter so I can have a lead going into my hub and 2 coming off,I've put the coax cable from the splitter to my Gemma box but can't get any channels to work,am I doing something wrong? Any help would be brill xx
Make sure that your splitter has power pass on both outputs.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

OK, I'm in the same boat as the OP.

I'm even more confused having read this thread.

Can someone please xplain to me in plain English:

1) Does the H2S (or any of their devices) work with cable only?
2) If so, do I just need to connect the LAN cable to my Virgin router, because it seems more complex than that...it seems as if I also need to connect directly somehow from the main feed or router via the main virgin intake cable, and I have no idea how to do that.

Help?!?!

Please....

You shouldn't have to turn off any firewall on virgin. Unless I am mistaken I am using the virgin superhub 3. It's the new white box and it's perfect 350megs. And the old router didn't need a firewall turning on either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ah-thankyou.

So, is there a box that will work just via my cable feed?

Hi Tony the best way to put it is the zgemma h2s is nearly a copy of a sly hd box. I.e. There's 2 feeds going into the box 1 feed for watching live tv the other for recording. And then the internet for on demand that's where the similarities end. Send a message for help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hello Group

I understand how these boxes work but I have a question about tracability.

From what I think, the sky boxes would be difficult to trace as satellite signals are one way and there should be no way sky can see what you are doing. I dont think these boxes would contact sky via its internet connection.

However regarding VIrgin boxes. THis would be my preferred choice as they are HD but being connected via virgin cable, is there more chance VIrgin can see what you are doing? This really is putting me off getting it.

Just a thought, if I'm right in saying, a vpn would hide your ip address from prying eyes .... I may be wrong !

Back