Zgemma h2s VM Cable Advice Needed

You can get IPTV on any enigma based box using any broadband (as long as decent speed), you can even get a box with no tuners to run IPTV.

For cable you need Virgin line coming into your house, if you don't then there is no point looking at these boxes.

Hi all my first real post so be nice :nerd:. Im going to invest in a Zgemma H2s for my Virgin Media cable connection
Does this mean the VM cable I will be using has to be live ie will I have to have some sort of VM TV package I will
be keeping them as my ISP provider but Im not sure if I cut off the TV package this will not work with the Zgemma box.
This is my only way forward as I don't have a Sat dish.

Also if I do manage to setup this box what can I expect to get from it will it be the VM channels or the Sky channels
I have an h2s so i enquired with the zegemma manufacturers as to whether i could convert to VM cable there reply was "you can change the second tuner to T2/C tuner." does anybody know what this means?

I have an h2s so i enquired with the zegemma manufacturers as to whether i could convert to VM cable there reply was "you can change the second tuner to T2/C tuner." does anybody know what this means?

H2s is for sat mate not cable.you only need 1 service from them if at all.just internet from them will be fine.it will be vm unless you install a dish.
Hi all my first real post so be nice :nerd:. Im going to invest in a Zgemma H2s for my Virgin Media cable connection
Does this mean the VM cable I will be using has to be live ie will I have to have some sort of VM TV package I will
be keeping them as my ISP provider but Im not sure if I cut off the TV package this will not work with the Zgemma box.
This is my only way forward as I don't have a Sat dish.

Also if I do manage to setup this box what can I expect to get from it will it be the VM channels or the Sky channels
Hi recommend you get the zgemma h2h if you haven't already then go on you tube and look for a person called Geekystuff for set up he is very comprehensive.

not many realise you can manually change the 2nd sat tuner in a H2s to a cable tuner & in effect change the box from a H2s into a H2h, this is not as easy as some other box manufactureres because to do this you need to disassemble/remove parts of the case but it can be done!
(its cheaper to swap out the 2nd sat tuner for a cable tuner than it is to replace a H2s with a H2h but you need to be confident taking the receiver apart)

Last edited:
For the hassle I would just add a usb cable tuner with a powered usb hub just make sure the driver's for it are available in feeds

not many realise you can manually change the 2nd sat tuner in a H2s to a cable tuner & in effect change the box from a H2s into a H2h, this is not as easy as some other box manufactureres because to do this you need to disassemble/remove parts of the case but it can be done!
(its cheaper to swap out the 2nd sat tuner for a cable tuner than it is to replace a H2s with a H2h but you need to be confident taking the receiver apart)

Any idea where to buy a cable tuner for the H2S? I could do with a new project :)

For the hassle I would just add a usb cable tuner with a powered usb hub just make sure the driver's for it are available in feeds

These usb tuners work fine on the H2S on ATV 5.3 and ATV 6.1, not 6.0 for some reason.

https://www.hm-sat-shop.de/en/receiver-zubehoer/tuner/2384/hmp-combo-dvb-c/t2-hybrid-usb-tuner?c=181

you could try asking our TK site sponsor or source elsewhere but you may need to request direct from manufacturer

I have a H2H split on virgin media, however, I now have voice/over (guide) on most channels.....I have tried everything to stop it.....any advice?

why post on a thread that is 5 months old and has nothing to do with what you posted about?

Probably searched for zgemma cable help and ended up here. You must admit Its better than the diy thread or shoutbox

Hi guys just see this thread today. And happy new year by the way.

Ok. I’m getting a vm tv package for the cable connection so I can use on my zgemma h2h box getting a 30 day rolling contract and then in those 30 days I’m going to cancel the tv contract. What I want to know is will my cable get cut of when cancelling or will it stay running ?

And Merry Christmas to all.....

Hi guys just see this thread today. And happy new year by the way.

Ok. I’m getting a vm tv package for the cable connection so I can use on my zgemma h2h box getting a 30 day rolling contract and then in those 30 days I’m going to cancel the tv contract. What I want to know is will my cable get cut of when cancelling or will it stay running ?

And Merry Christmas to all.....

your better starting your own thread in the correct forum to get help
you are better not just jumping in to someone else thread asking your question

also have a search

Back