Zgemma H2S wooshbuild v5 Deep Standby problem

emz2016

Hi
Hoping someone can help.

For some time now since updating to wooshbuild v5, the Zgemma regularly goes into deep standby and will not respond to the remote so a hard reboot on the rear switch is required.
I have it linked to a Kodi box in another room which I use more than the Zgemma itself. I know when the issue arises as on the Kodi box I get messages of PVR Timer deletions and then the picture will freeze. The box is still linked as I don't get the connection lost message on the Kodi box. When I go and check the Zgemma the red light is on and will not respond to the remote. Prior to this the box will most likely have been in normal standby.
Once hard rebooted then everything is fine for a while.

I think this has only happened once updated to v5.
I'd be grateful for any suggestions

Cheers

Can you check to see if there is a crash log on the zgemma? if you open windows explorer on your computer and browse network you should see your zgemma listed, double click on this and then browse to the /home/root/logs folder. A crash log will be named something like enigma-crash-date.log or similar. If so can you open the latest one in a text editor and paste the contents here?

Hi
There is no crash file.

---------- Post Merged at 10:50 PM ----------

Hi there are a number of log files for today, it is worth investigating any of those?

Just to add.

I have an external 1tb drive connected to the rear and a usb stick in the front.

It has happened again overnight. Box was in standby with no timers scheduled, only an epg update at 05:55 which has not caused any problem in the past.

Hi
There is no crash file.

---------- Post Merged at 10:50 PM ----------

Hi there are a number of log files for today, it is worth investigating any of those?

if they're crash logs then yes, debug logs maybe not.

Hi no they are just debug logs.

I have posted in another thread with a similar issue but maybe not the same.
The other issue was caused by the ccam stopping.

It maybe worth trying but I don't know what would cause it to stop but if it is the issue is there a way of preventing it from stopping?

Hi

I got a crash log early this morning, I've pasted it below.

As far as I know there was no scheduled rcordings foor last night, so the box should have been in normal standby mode.

Also I get the little blue circle in the top left quite often as if there is some ongoing task. It only lasts for a couple of seconds. checking the debug log file it appears to be epg related referring to 'epg cache ....event not found' and 'dvb time ...update time' I can post the log of this also if required.

Any help in analysing the text woud be appreciated.

Last edited:
Update.

I reflashed the box with a clean openatv and wooshbuild v5. Set all disk to not go into standby, and stopped it from saving epg.dat file.
It was ok for a couple of days but it's froze again in standby.
I put the box into normal standby before bed last night and this morning it wouldn't respond to the remote and the display read 0555. The box is scheduled to download epg at 05:55.
Could this just be coincidence?
Any help?

I don't know what overflow while recording is but it presents itself a lot in that crash log. Stands a good chance that a device is full up but purely a guess?!

Why not try just one USB device to start with and eliminate possible causes. I would start with the HDD in the back. Also ensure it is mounted as media/hdd.

Hi, since the crash I've reflashed the box, there is a 1tb slim drive mounted as hdd and there's 800gb free.
There has been no crash files since. Just debug files, and there was no recordings scheduled overnight.

I'll remove the crash file to save on thread space.

Could it be the EPG download as it only seems to happen overnight?

Just an Update

After removing Crossepg I have had no problems regarding box stuck in standby.

I have installed the Epg Importer plugin and it seems to work well. Only problem is that it shows 6 days and not 7 day EPG but I can live with that.

So CrossEpg was the problem for me !

Hope this helps anyone

It is possible that it was simply a case of deleting the crossEPG folder from your USB device and running it again. I only takes a corrupt database to cause issues.

Please you are sorted though.

Hi Wooshman

Yes I tried deleting the crossepg folder, but the problem kept happening every day.
So nevermind, but still a fantastic builld and sorted now thanks. :)

Hi
Hoping someone can help.

For some time now since updating to wooshbuild v5, the Zgemma regularly goes into deep standby and will not respond to the remote so a hard reboot on the rear switch is required.
I have it linked to a Kodi box in another room which I use more than the Zgemma itself. I know when the issue arises as on the Kodi box I get messages of PVR Timer deletions and then the picture will freeze. The box is still linked as I don't get the connection lost message on the Kodi box. When I go and check the Zgemma the red light is on and will not respond to the remote. Prior to this the box will most likely have been in normal standby.
Once hard rebooted then everything is fine for a while.

I think this has only happened once updated to v5.
I'd be grateful for any suggestions

Cheers
Disable HECI in settings

Back