Zgemma H5.2TC adding Sat + Cable lines?

Hi grog68 - could you explain how I do that, sounds like it may be the way forward for me.
What install/use Oscam or set the box up as cable only?

If you want to just use as a twin cable box, first of all go into Menu -> setup -> Service searching -> Autobouquets Maker -> providers and change sky (UK) to no.
Now go to Menu -> setup -> Service searching -> Tuner Configuration -> Tuner A and change configuration mode to 'not configured'.

Now return to Menu -> setup -> Service searching -> Autobouquets maker -> scan.

If you want to use oscam, check that oscam is already in stalled on your box then you just need to create an oscam.server file which contains both your cable and sat lines, you should be able to look at your c or n line and work out what goes where. Mine is similar to :

[reader]
label = Oscam Line cable
enable = 1
protocol = newcamd
device = mydns.****.**,pppp
key = 0102030405060708091011121314
user = username
password = password
fallback = 1
group = 1

[reader]
label = Oscam Line sat
enable = 1
protocol = newcamd
device = mydns.*****.**,pppp
key = 0102030405060708091011121314
user = username
password = password
fallback = 1
group = 1

I checked the lines for him yesterday - neither of them cleared either on their own or together.

Thanks everyone for all your help and advise.
I'd made a basic error when creating my newcamd.list file with both Sat and Cable lines on.
I'd missed a part on the Sat line at the end that I didn't realise should be there after the number 14 and made a spelling mistake in the Cable line.
I'd tested the lines individually using the newcamd.list files sent by my supplier so they worked fine on there own it was just the file that I created that was wrong.
Now that I have corrected my errors both Sat and Cable are working fine.

Thanks again for all the help.

David.

Reactions: ste
Such an easy mistake that takes what seems like forever to find. I did the same on someones box, I left the 14 off the end when I cut and pasted the line, took me ages to find lol

Can someone explain to me what the advantages are for using OSCAM for your shared keys rather than Cccam or mgcamd as this is the first I've seen about using Oscam.

Oscam can run both sat and cable lines more smoothly, and most guys use it for their server, and its a new cam, so lots of support for it...

Oscam can run both sat and cable lines more smoothly, and most guys use it for their server, and its a new cam, so lots of support for it...

So if I'm just using the twin cable side and no Sat I'm probably best to sticking to the old format with the 1 line then?

So if I'm just using the twin cable side and no Sat I'm probably best to sticking to the old format with the 1 line then?

I agree when I was using the H2H box with 2 lines from the same provide for Sat & Cable the switch over could take up to 60 seconds for premium channels between cable and sat

Yes, an "n" line with Mgcamd is good m8, you would drop the " n " in the start of the line, and replace with "CWS"and put the line into the " newcamd.list " file within the USR/KEYS folder....

Can someone please help me.I have a h5.2tc. Ive tried everything at this stage and cant get cable channels to clear.Ive done newcamd and oscam but nothing.I got virmin irish line off tk request page so I think it works.Im baffled at this stage.Have the lines in keys part under newcamd.list but nothing.Cheers

When you say lines - do you have a sat and a cable line in there and are they both within the same newcamd.list file?

I got 2 virmin irish cable lines off request page here and put them in newcamd.list. I tried them on there own also. I have a sly line off my H2s that I know works but wont on H5.2tc box. Also tried Oscam with cable and sat and started mg cam but nothing. Cheers

Proper lines or test lines? test lines usually only last 24 hours max from when they were sent to you.

Are they all mgcamd lines?

If you've set them up correctly in your newcamd.list file and providing they're live and you've only selected mgcamd 1.38 for cam 1 and nothing else and started it, there's no reason it shouldn't work.

If you've set them up correctly in your newcamd.list file and providing they're live and you've only selected mgcamd 1.38 for cam 1 and nothing else and started it, there's no reason it shouldn't work.
Alright Mate. Provider says there live . Any way u can test them or anyone on here.Its virmin Ireland. Cheers again

Back