Zgemma H5 2TC on vm will only record what I’m watching

Scaffboyz

Hi, I’m new to the site, but must say it’s brilliant.
my box will only record if I watch the same channel, if I try to switch over it’s just a black screen, I’ve tried changing settings in timeshift and in recordings but still the same.
I’ve formatted the HD ( toshiba 1tb ) initialised it and mounted it, it then did work for a while but when I tried again the next time I switched the box on it stopped working, any ideas please

make sure both dvb-c tuners are enabled. Menu -> Setup -> Service Searching -> Tuner configuration and you need tuners B & C both enabled as DVB-C

Okay so tuner b and c are now both the same and I can now record one Chanel and watch another but still can’t record two and watch a third, is there any other setting I need to change

Okay so tuner b and c are now both the same and I can now record one Chanel and watch another but still can’t record two and watch a third, is there any other setting I need to change
No unless they are on the same frequency. What you can do is if you have the sat tuner configured then you can watch 1 sat and record 2 vm, or record 1 sat, 1 vm and watch another vm channel.

Always a good idea to say what tuners are on box and if cable or sat and what feeds so as not to guess what one has or has not.

do you have a satellite dish and is it connected to the box? if not then what you have is all you can do. you can watch a recording while recording 2 channels but you can't watch a third channel.

If you have a satellite dish and it's connected to the box, make sure tuner A is enabled and then you can set freesat as a provider in Autobouquets Maker and run a scan. You should now have the freesat channels as well as cable.

i don't know personally, but you would need to know them all, easier just to say no:)

this could also be if you only have one connection from your supplier. you need 2 connections to record something else.

this could also be if you only have one connection from your supplier. you need 2 connections to record something else.
most, if not all, providers allow twin tuner on a box. it's unlikely to be an issue with the provider.

A tuner allows you to access a frequency/transponder/mux. If you have two cable tuners, you can access two cable frequencies simultaneously.

You can record several channels simultaneously provided you do not exceed the numbers of frequencies you are allowed to access. Even with a single tuner receiver. Once your tuners are occupied, the channels no longer available will be greyed out in the service list.

You can also view the services on the current transponder by pressing "Up next to OK", Green (satellites), scroll up to "current transponder".

Back