Zgemma H5.2TC - problem with update

xbox360pt

hello ,

i bougut a zgemma H5.2TC with ipab installed but i prefer clean openatv, i put the usb pen with the image but when boot starts, only appears : update.... and starts ipab again

the pen is fine, i already tested install with openpli and openvix
how can i force the update ipab to openatv ?

Menu
Setup
System
Flash online/ local
Green (online)

Pick the newest or press blue to get beta 6.2
Then it will ask you question if you want to backup and the likes

How are you doIng the flash
Give as much detail so we can see where you are going wrong, as it’s easy to go wrong

So what usb are you using
What formate is the usb
What’s the file layout on your drive
Which usb
Stock atv doesn’t come with a force file, so you need to force the flash, how are you doing that

More detail the better please

Hi, on IPAB i dont have that option flash online/local

4Gb sandisk fat32 , zgemma/h5 + rear usb port and start with button .

The pen it´s ok, i already used many times with others zgemmas ( star lc , i55 )
i dont know why i couldnt install new image, and the system stays with ipab

any More detail, I have other question you didn’t answer, more info the better

Where did you get your atv from and is it the right image

Well you know what your doing As you have other boxes. I’m hope you get sorted not much I can help with

You have tried other firmware and it’s not working. This is above me sorry

Dont know if this helps but Ive just flashed ipab
Then pressed blue button > flash online local > green
This only brings up 6.1 tho but its flashed it ok. if you wanted 6.2 then you would have to repeat the above again.

Just re-reading your first post tho "only appears update" Try holding the front power button in when you see update and it should flash

a correct image on a usb that has been correctly prepared WILL flash overwritting any image so IF you have not managed to get the box to flash then your issues is with your usb &/or files.
You say you have used the same usb to flash before...this does not mean it will flash again... (IF you leave the usb in place after flashing & the box boots up your usb will require preparing from scratch again before it can be used to flash anything).

Yes, i had a USB stick that flashed 3 boxes one time, and i went to re-use the stick on one of the boxed that i had fleshed earlier, and it wouldn't see the usb stick, so i removed the image from the stick, did a deep format, put the image back into the stick, and if flashed the box, strange one indeed, but it is a zgemma box, and this is what can happen to them, but they all do eventually flash...??

thanks all!!! only the "blue" button save my day!! IPAB remove this menu entry, only acess from blue button

openatv 6.1 installed !!

Yes, i had a USB stick that flashed 3 boxes one time, and i went to re-use the stick on one of the boxed that i had fleshed earlier, and it wouldn't see the usb stick, so i removed the image from the stick, did a deep format, put the image back into the stick, and if flashed the box, strange one indeed, but it is a zgemma box, and this is what can happen to them, but they all do eventually flash...??
exactly right format usb again

I have several small capacity usb sticks I keep just for flashing boxes, once prepared I can flash any box image for any box make simply by lifting the unwanted image off the drive & then paste in the new image Im wanting to flash with...this is only possible IF you remove the usb as the box shows BOOT after it has flashed, IF the usb is left in place as the box boots up fully the usb will need to be reworked before it can be used to flash again!

It is true that Zgemma's can occasionally give more trouble than other E2 boxes but this is excused by the price you pay for the cheaper end boxes, I have been a fan of the Zgemma for a while as they offer very good value for money but will confess I have moved away from the cheaper end & now own/use mid to high end boxes…my reasons are simple….the higher end boxes have better specs & give less problems overall plus they have support for VIX (not that firmware matters to me once skins etc are loaded).

Last edited:
thanks all!!! only the "blue" button save my day!! IPAB remove this menu entry, only acess from blue button

openatv 6.1 installed !!
Glad your sorted - but what happens if/when an software update goes wrong.
You will need to flash from usb at some point so would be handy to learn before that day comes

a correct image on a usb that has been correctly prepared WILL flash overwritting any image so IF you have not managed to get the box to flash then your issues is with your usb &/or files.
You say you have used the same usb to flash before...this does not mean it will flash again... (IF you leave the usb in place after flashing & the box boots up your usb will require preparing from scratch again before it can be used to flash anything).

Back