Zgemma H7

Hi,

Can anyone please PM me dropbox link to a backup image for H7 please, got a few H7C here.......

Hello, so where can I get one of these (H7C) in the UK. I initially ordered a Gigablue as it was avilable first but for various reasons, I cancelled the order. I have just received a Octagon SF4008, which I am not impressed with. There are far too many bugs with it (various images). I already have 3 Zgemma H5 which, unlike most, seems to address refresh rate switching correctly so my US IPTV streams work properly without having to manually change it back and forth. So, along with UK suppliers, can anyone with one check the rate switching works correctly. Thanks for your time.

I tried the OpenDroid on my H7S, to find out it's only designed for Terrerrial and Cable, not Satellite; not of any use for me. I then flashed my box with the latest release of OpenATV 6.1 Nightly.
I downloaded the Equipment Motor Control Plugin, set the Plugin settings to minimum, and now my dish motor is working great!! It now switches satellites in a matter of moments, not hours or days. [emoji5][emoji5]
I do like ATV as it has the most plugins for it. [emoji3]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Will that firmware sort out his problems?
I've never heard of OpenHDF, or what it's about?? Would it mostly be in English? Lol! [emoji5]
Even though I now have my dish motor working again and got it set up with ATV, I am now mainly looking for a Firmware or plugin that will let me do a Blind Scan satellite search.
That's where my H7S would scan the satellite(s) for any new undocumented satellite frequencies and Transponders, to store them into memory as new additional channels that sometimes pop up here overnight.
I think anytime I do an Automatic Scan or Manual Scan with the H7S, the box will only search for the Transponders and Frequencies that have already been previously stored in memory, with no way for it to search for anything new.
Is there someway for the Firmware or Plugin to be updated regularly in such a way that the Satellite Transponder and Frequency list be updated too in memory; to scan for any new additional channels?
I can manually enter a new satellite frequency transponder in Manual Scan, but I don't think the Transponder I enter gets saved to memory, but I could be wrong. [emoji5]
With OpenPLi, I used a plugin that allowed me to see all of the Satellite Transponder frequencies, but I couldn't make changes that I know of to it.
I did download and use a BlindScan Plugin, but the whole screen blinks several times before telling me nothing was found; I don't quite buy that. [emoji849]
I hope this all makes sense, just looking for a solution that will let me search the Satellite for new channels not otherwise stored in memory already. The new tuner should let me do that, I think?? [emoji5] Could someone please help me with this? [emoji3]

@chrisrcromwe:Blind scan do not work properly yet with enigma2.
But in many images - in any case with OpenHDF firmware - you can write a new transponder in Manual Scan.

You can also write a new transponder in satellites.xml. This file you find in most images in directory /etc/tuxbox. But of course you must edit this file with a linux-editor. I do this witch Notepad++

@chrisrcromwe:Blind scan do not work properly yet with enigma2.
But in many images - in any case with OpenHDF firmware - you can write a new transponder in Manual Scan.

You can also write a new transponder in satellites.xml. This file you find in most images in directory /etc/tuxbox. But of course you must edit this file with a linux-editor. I do this witch Notepad++
I found a new Satellite Transponder on the internet, I put that into the manual scan, and it came up with a new channel. The bad news is the box won't save the new Transponder into memory that I can see. [emoji17] Would be nice if the H7S would search for the new frequencies on its own. [emoji5][emoji5]

I found a new Satellite Transponder on the internet, I put that into the manual scan, and it came up with a new channel. The bad news is the box won't save the new Transponder into memory that I can see. [emoji17] Would be nice if the H7S would search for the new frequencies on its own. [emoji5][emoji5]

Blindscan has been asked for, but it is usually the last feature to be added - If it gets added at all.
The transponder information is usually stored in two places in the enigma2 image. The satellites.xml file, which contains all the transponders for all the satellites is located in 'etc/tuxbox'. Transponder information for the channels that have been scanned will be found in the lamedb file located in 'etc/enigma2'.

There is also an editor which will allow you to manually enter and store transponder information in the receiver. This editor cam be found in the downloadable plugins under extensions. (see attached)

About the best you can do for now is to build yourself a good satellites.xml file, or get one that somebody else has built. Importing channels someone else has scanned is also an option. Good to see you enjoying the H7! EB

ts-sateditor.jpg

Blindscan has been asked for, but it is usually the last feature to be added - If it gets added at all.
The transponder information is usually stored in two places in the enigma2 image. The satellites.xml file, which contains all the transponders for all the satellites is located in 'etc/tuxbox'. Transponder information for the channels that have been scanned will be found in the lamedb file located in 'etc/enigma2'.

There is also an editor which will allow you to manually enter and store transponder information in the receiver. This editor cam be found in the downloadable plugins under extensions. (see attached)

About the best you can do for now is to build yourself a good satellites.xml file, or get one that somebody else has built. Importing channels someone else has scanned is also an option. Good to see you enjoying the H7! EB

View attachment 24677

I am enjoying the H7S very much! [emoji5] Probably the nicest reciever I have had! Been so used to the bare bone stock ALI Processor boxes with no frills often buggy base firmware, this is quite an improvement! Up to now, my Linkbox 9000i was the nicest one I had.
I did test out OpenPLi for a little bit, and I did use the Plugin you mentioned, but I didn't have a good unknown transponder to test it out with; but maybe later. [emoji849] Looks like manually entering the Transponder with Manual Scan is easiest for me, even if I can't manually enter Audio or Video PID information, which would be nice too. [emoji5]
For now, I have the bulk of channels I need, and I keep my dish parked on 103W for my favorite channels. I am really enjoying the IPTV that comes with ATV 6.0. [emoji849] I hope to get an UHD 4K TV in the next year or two, just have to remember to restart my H7S to have the new video settings set up properly.

Last edited:
I never do a blind scan ,I always download the latest Catseye settings then ftp it to your box,it has all the European sattelites and many more if you have a bigger dish ,and everything is categorized,movies ,music etc

I never do a blind scan ,I always download the latest Catseye settings then ftp it to your box,it has all the European sattelites and many more if you have a bigger dish ,and everything is categorized,movies ,music etc
Thanks! Where can I check out Catseye? [emoji5] What's the best FTP Program that will work with the H7S? Or can I do it all from the H7S Web Interface? [emoji849]

Back