Zgemma H7

You can split easy cable from cable-provider, with a splitter

All Zgemma H5 boxes have BCM73625 chip. This chip is not able to decode UHD.

Last edited:
I badly want the new Zgemma-H7S receiver, but I live in the States, I don't think anyone in the U.S. knows about this new receiver yet. Could someone please tell me which websites in the UK will sell the new H7S reciever and could ship to the U.S.? I do have a verified PayPal Account. I did check out the Chinese Vendor sites, but I don't have the money to buy 10 of them at once; only need 1 for sure to try out. Could someone please provide some help or links? Thank you! [emoji3] Not sure why but my name got cut off, I'm Chris Cromwell, definitely a fan of the UK! [emoji3]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Our it could be good for business.....:cool:
Yea, if he sees the genuine email amongst the spam :), i'm not saying don't give out his email address but either give it via pm or at least write it in a way that is not so easy for spam bots to detect. This is the reason most web sites use contact forms rather than putting email addresses on their websites like they used to in the good ol' days.

Ok, I will try to email him to see what happens. I have found two UK websites on my own that sell the Zgemma reciever, but won't respond to my emails, not sure why that is. Is there any other websites in the UK that sell this receiver that are in business?

why are you only looking in the uk for ?
if your sending it to the US im sure there is closer then the uk

plus its the h7 not h7s

Last edited:
The H7S is the satellite version model that has an extra tuner. Right now, I'm only seeing these recievers being released to the UK and Middle East. These are next to rare to be found in the US, but I do have a power adapter that will work with it, if I can find one.

oh my bad missed the sat version

will it work as i know they have usa only boxes, not sure if its cable or sat
they they are h3.av h5.ac

Right now, I'm just trying to find a retailer in the UK that can sell and ship me a H7S box to the US, so I can try it out. I'm sure it will work fine after I get the proper power adapter for it. I may have to manually enter in the U.S. Satellite locations into the reciever, but no big deal. The H7S gets the new S2X signals, and that's the part I want the most!

oh my... Im in the middle of a convo direct with Chinese supplier, they will send me samples but the price is 200usb (£155). The sample price is always a little higher than the end retail price... wondering IF I should wait for the Octagon SF4008 4K UHD 2160, the Oct costs a little more but the spec is decent..any thoughts?

Last edited:
I'm looking at a Zgemma supplier in the UK. The website features 4 different firmwares that I could choose for the Zgemma receiver: OpenSpa, OpenPLI, Open Droid, and Open ATV. I'm in the States, could someone please give me an overview as to what each one does, and which one is the most popular? Maybe the factory stock firmware is just as good? I don't know which one the factory provides out of the box. But any insight would be appreciated. [emoji5]

Is that the best popular one in the UK to use? [emoji5] I'm still not sure what the main differences are with the different kinds.

IF you go down the route of starting with the latest firmware you will have a lot of work infront of you to assemble the image, it will be far easier to use someones backup build as it is already complete (wooshbuild v6 is very popular).
ATV is supported software for zgemma's so is stable & is often shipped with the box as standard (wooshbuild v6 is ATV based)

Ok, awesome! I just read about changing the boot images on the Zgemma receivers, that would be pretty cool too! [emoji3]

I see the h7 has a a/v output on the rear
So a/v to rca, then that to Rf modulator

As its miss the rca out unlike the older boxes

Back