Zgemma H7

By the way, I'm thinking about trying OpenPLi just to see what it looks like and does. I went to their page to try to read up on the features. If I wanted to make specific changes to the satellite channel Audio/Video PID table, or get my STAB 90 Dish Motor to move faster than slug pace, or just more options, would OpenPLi work better for me? Otherwise, I am happy with OpenATV 6.0 so far. Special thanks and Beer Coins go to BeakyFord for getting me set up over the phone for the first time. I would have completely no idea what plugins to get right out the gate. Everything with the H7S is mostly working pretty good for me here in the US, except that the EPG Plugin's aren't working for me at all here. I press the EPG Button on the remote, and I can't even get the cursor to move up and down any longer in the grid, not sure what I did wrong there to make it not respond.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

menu
usaage and gui
display
display setttings

i have min off and its set too

brightness (norm) 0
brightness (dim) 0
brightness (standby) 0

im on atv
Oh!! Ok, I found it. I was looking more at the video settings. Yes, this H7S has the brightness settings for the front panel, but only for the clock, the Logo remains on full bright. There is a Show Display Icons on the front panel setting, which does nothing to the Logo, still on full bright. You might have to use your black tape after all. [emoji5] Wouldn't be too bad if there was a way to change the front panel colors, maybe on the H7S+ model.
567060d16416f1cd7d6a06f018d410d6.jpg

You did the top you the top 3 to zero yea?
And it stayed at full brightness. Weird setup
Yeah, the top three settings and Power On Display setting only affect the front clock display, the Air Logo still remains on full bright. Probably needs a Plugin Developed for it. [emoji3]

Balls to that
Black tape it is then

So it took a few extra months for that silly
LOL!! [emoji3][emoji3][emoji16][emoji16] It doesn't affect me any, I have my H7S placed well off to the left side of the TV with my other boxes. You could disassemble the top cover and remove the front panel circuit board out of the box to place black tape over the Logo Block, if you don't want black tape on the outside of the box. Or you could peel off the Logo Sticker off of the Logo Block inside and replace it with another transparent logo sticker you like better. [emoji3] The screws tend to be soft though. [emoji3] I went digging in to find the red and green LED's that the instructions talk about being on the front panel. But apparently, those LED indicators were never installed on the front panel, they changed the design for that too.

correct the user manual appears to be an updated version of their old manual & the green/red light that shows green when powered on or red when in standby was relevant to the other models but on the H7 the new logo has replaced where the led was

@chriscromwe.... you read the manual lol

correct the user manual appears to be an updated version of their old manual & the green/red light that shows green when powered on or red when in standby was relevant to the other models but on the H7 the new logo has replaced where the led was

@chriscromwe.... you read the manual lol
Of course!! [emoji3][emoji3][emoji16][emoji16] Doesn't everybody??? LOL!!

I wonder if someone will try to change the illuminated logo sticker inside for a different transparent custom made logo sticker?? That would be kind of cool to have a TK Logo transparent sticker made for the H7S. [emoji5][emoji5][emoji5]

If I wanted to flash my H7S with OpenPLi 6.0 RC to try it out, will I lose my plugins?

Yes reflash will remove everything and put on what image your flashing so always make a backup before trying new images

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Yes reflash will remove everything and put on what image your flashing so always make a backup before trying new images

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Ok, thank you! [emoji5] I did make a recovery backup, so that's what I would need to go back to, right? Or is an image backup all I really need? [emoji3][emoji5]

I'm thinking about getting a SSD for it, but right now the USB Drives are doing very nicely for recording and backing up the box. The Time Shift is working really well for me on USB Drive. It's 65GB, more than plenty for me.

Back