zgemma h7c no vermin channels

well thanks guys i have a mate who works on install side for virgin hes going to drop me some in when i get it il update you. thanks

Wrong splitter as vm use 5-1000 mhz tratec,labgear and proper shielded cables for use on vm and i used an f connection adapter screwed onto cable.
People dont see the bigger issue yes 30 year old cable and splitters will work and the bonus is interference and bad signal hence you have issues.

the crappy aerial connector rammed onto the virgin cable will stop it working no problem, and that splitter, that's one piece of sh!t right there
I can't iunderstand why people spend £100 on a box, £30 on a line and 30 pence on the most important part of the setup

its the little details that count, use the correct cables/splitter & you will have very few issues... do things any other way & you will encounter every problem going.

New upgraded one hmm higher range i wonder if 4k is planned and needing a higher range of frequency in the future.

I'm using a crappy zgemma h1 for cable using infinity 6.2 it works like a dream have had no issues in 3 years what's so ever
So you change from a h 5. 2c to h7 and it's not working it's nothing to do with the box or setup it's the cable and splitter
Have you still got the 5.2c box to try

No guys id ont have the h5.2tc i gave it to my grandson hes down in colchester in paras and says its working great.

Ok guys i got a 8 meter virgin cable from my mate who works for virgin this morning ran it from my virgin box on the wall in lounge and ran it to my splitter changed the wires from splitter to router and zgemma box done a rescan and again no cable channels picked up so now off to get a new virgin splitter and see how that goes

Last edited by a moderator:
Screwfix sell Labgear splitters which are suitable.
Eight metres? - that's a very long run, isn't there a way of putting the box nearer to where the VM cable enters the house?

Screwfix sell Labgear splitters which are suitable.
Eight metres? - that's a very long run, isn't there a way of putting the box nearer to where the VM cable enters the house?

do long runs always cause a problem? I have connection from the vm box outside cable runs all the way up into attic then length of house and back down again to a 3 way splitter (must be 25 to 30metres long) then two zgemma connected (must be 10metres to one & 3metres to other) with router very short length from splitter and generally don't have too many or if any problems

Ok guys i got a 8 meter virgin cable from my mate who works for virgin this morning ran it from my virgin box on the wall in lounge and ran it to my splitter changed the wires from splitter to router and zgemma box done a rescan and again no cable channels picked up so now off to get a new virgin splitter and see how that goes

just to check have you entered correct net id for your area on new box???

Last edited by a moderator:
do long runs always cause a problem? I have connection from the vm box outside cable runs all the way up into attic then length of house and back down again to a 3 way splitter (must be 25 to 30metres long) then two zgemma connected (must be 10metres to one & 3metres to other) with router very short length from splitter and generally don't have too many or if any problems

If the cabling was installed by VM then no, it's not a problem as they calibrate everything before they leave.
If you add your own long cables, more often than not, there will be picture distortion and signal loss

If the cabling was installed by VM then no, it's not a problem as they calibrate everything before they leave.
If you add your own long cables, more often than not, there will be picture distortion and signal loss

vm only put in the first long one 25 to 30 metres with some inline galvanic thing i think its called straight to router. I then added 3way splitter to inline galvanic thing and cables 10 & 3metres to both zgemmas & short lead to router

Guys i had a zgemma h5.2tc and was running it from the white virgin box in lounge that brings the cable in from outside. And i used cheap coax cable £10 for 100 meters for years with no problems. the new box i purchased a zgemma h7c is in the same place as the old one was. i have changed all cables from the white virgin box in lounge to the router i have changed both cables from the splitter. one to the router one to the zgemma box i do a scan it finds nothing on the cable tuners but picks up all sat chans on tuner A tuners b and c nothing . as i live in leeds my network id is 41053 set to virgin media uk all systems every thing in the house that runs on broadband works fine. starting to think the box is duff. going to take it to my mates tom morn and try it there his router is only 1 meter away from his tv so no problems there . i will inform what happen tom. thanks for all advice given

Guys i had a zgemma h5.2tc and was running it from the white virgin box in lounge that brings the cable in from outside. And i used cheap coax cable £10 for 100 meters for years with no problems. the new box i purchased a zgemma h7c is in the same place as the old one was. i have changed all cables from the white virgin box in lounge to the router i have changed both cables from the splitter. one to the router one to the zgemma box i do a scan it finds nothing on the cable tuners but picks up all sat chans on tuner A tuners b and c nothing . as i live in leeds my network id is 41053 set to virgin media uk all systems every thing in the house that runs on broadband works fine. starting to think the box is duff. going to take it to my mates tom morn and try it there his router is only 1 meter away from his tv so no problems there . i will inform what happen tom. thanks for all advice given

If you are still using that hideous splitter, that's probably causing the disconnection
did you get an F connector for the end of the VM cable?

yes guys i did reflash it. yes my mate who works for virgin brought me the cables with the endss cable use but the cable that goes into the box is a coax plug thats all it will take.

Back