zgemma H9T - Factory reset not actually factory resetting!

p4r45

Hi all,

I'm looking for some help as i'm stumped! I have a zgemma h9t box and had whooshbuild installed on it. I'm changing supplier so wanted to do a clean install of whooshbuild. I plugged a USB in with OpenATV 6.2 on and held the reset button and powered on. I held the reset button until the front light started flashing red. The box restarted and it looked like it had worked, OpenATV is now there and whooshbuild has gone. However, it doesnt look like it worked completely as I can still see my old Bouquets through Openwebif. When I try and install whooshbuild it says it cant because it matches installed version (even though I see no whooshbuild watermark on the screen). Any ideas??

Thanks in advance

I've tried 3 different USBs and no luck with any of them. I get the same thing. The whooshbuild wallpaper is gone and is replaced by OpenATV 6.2 but I can still see my old bouquets in Openwebif and cant upload whooshbuild to the box.

Attachments

• 2019-01-08 13_15_27-Zgemma H9T - OpenWebif.png
    2019-01-08 13_15_27-Zgemma H9T - OpenWebif.png
    34.2 KB · Views: 19
yes, the fact the wallpaper is missing is irrelevant, the screenshot is showing that WB is already installed

open the flash files, rename noforce to force
put the flash files on formatted usb and in the rear port, then power on with white button, don't press any buttons and the box will flash

If you cant get it to flash via usb you can flash it online
Blue button > flash online/local > green (online) select the image and green again to flash

Thanks for the suggestion. Renaming the "noforce" file to "force" didnt seem to do anything. The box just booted up as normal (I wasnt pressing the reset button).

Did the online flash but same thing. Still get the same error when trying to load wooshbuild on to the box

OH MY DAYS! You guys are gonna hate me. So...I have two H9T's connected to my network....I was connected via Openwebif to the wrong box! So sorry to have wasted your time guys!

OH MY DAYS! You guys are gonna hate me. So...I have two H9T's connected to my network....I was connected via Openwebif to the wrong box! So sorry to have wasted your time guys!
Haha you got there in the end, and thats all that matters

hi guys i need ur help bought a h9 twin installed ATV 6.2 looked ok installed whoosh build looked ok, freesat would was not available in the choice of bouquets so i decided to start over with a factory reset OMG now when i flash again it goes through the boot cycle after the count to 0-100 about 80 it turns off ???? can any body help please ?

Easiest way is to connect to the box using Putty and flash the partition that Wooshbuild is on.

Flash ATV via command line from the creators GrogBuild FreeRange - Leading the way to simplicity

You might have to issue an init 4 command to stop the box bootlooping first.

Alternatively use this guide to flash by USB https://www.openvix.co.uk/openvix-builds/Guides and Tutorials/Flashing Guides/Zgemma USB Flashing Guides/How to flash a Zgemma H9 Series by USB.pdf
ok i will try this now & see if i get any joy thanks

ok i will try this now & see if i get any joy thanks
no doesnt seem to do anything is there a way to do a fresh install and start a fresh & wipe off all software ? because i want to install a fresh version of whoosh build ?

Last edited:
Back