Zgemma hs2 problem

mark 47

Hi I have a problem with my zgemma box
It is stuck on the boot mode with the red standby light permanently lit.
Unplugged everything but still the same.

Has anyone any solutions to the problem

Thanks mark

No you don't need to reflash it.
Possibly.
Search thru my posts - one of my zgemmas (I have 3) after being shut down / powered off (NOT put in standby) will NEVER get past the boot message - ever.
All I do, every time, is press the white power button on the rear to put it off then immediately put it back on and the box boots as if nothing is wrong.
Every time.
No idea why
Been reflashed countless times and still does it.

having the same problem updated mine now its stuck in boot mode tried all of the above and still stuck any help as new to all this

Have you tried reflashing?
If you have, did the reflash "take" or did it ignore the usb stick and not display "FLSH" on the display?
You can "force" the flash remember.

Re format (FAT32) a non sandisk <8gb usb key and flash with a decent firmaware (suggest PurE2) .
It will Flash. If this works then try to flash your previous choice of firmware if you think its better.

Thanks for your reply but it's above my head as new to all this,the box is just stuck in boot mode and cannot do anything with it so not sure how I am going to sort it, need some one who lives in Nottingham to help me I think

You can do it yourself, Give it a go.
1,Download ZGEMMA H2S software

2, Unzip it and copy the Zgemma folder to the USB Stick (pre formatted to fat32)

3, Plug the USB stick to the back panel USB port.

4, Power on at rear and whilst powering on ALSO press and hold in the FRONT Power Key until you see [USB] on the LCD display.Then the display shows “Flash”

Leave for a few minutes whilst the firmware is loading .When done the box will boot up on its own. Remove usb stick once boot has completed.
You will then get the onscreen TV setup wizard.

I have sent you a PM [Conversation] to help get you started.
Once you have managed to flash a new firmware then come back and ask any related questions.
Good luck.

It seems daunting but we were all there once.
Once you flash the box you will say to yourself "was that it?!" - will become 2nd nature

Back